Plugin Contributions

red flag Use of Coupon allows checkout without payment!

Hi all,

I am experiencing an interesting situation:

I have a coupon set up on one of my products that allows the user to order that product for free (no shipping on it either).

When they add this product to the cart along with another product which does cost something (though it also has no shipping) and they apply the coupon, it forwards them to the order confirmation page without requiring them to enter their credit card information (this happens if the continue checkout button is clicked as well) and allows the order to complete without any payment information! The payment total shows as the correct amount, i.e. $495, but they somehow end up not being required to enter any payment information, and the Payment Method is blank on the order confirmation page.

I have my restrictions set up so the coupon only applies to that one product, and it seems to be tied to the coupon making the product 100% free, because when I changed it to 99%, it started working correctly and requiring payment information.

I am using the PayPal SIM payment module... any ideas on why this is happening and how I can fix it? Is this a cart bug?

Thanks for any help....
    Last edited by pioupioun; 29 Nov 2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: sp

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Use of Coupon allows checkout without payment!

Another piece of information: once I do get through to the checkout confirmation page without having entered payment information, if I click back to the checkout payment page (where the coupon now shows up as being applied) and try and continue checkout without entering payment information, it behaves correctly and gives me the error I was looking for.

But why won't it do this on the first application of the coupon?

I personally vote that the payment method be on the next page by itself in future versions, and that the user have an "apply coupon" button next to the field so that that way they can apply the coupon on one page, have the order total adjusted and then if the coupon makes the order come out to zero, the payment page is bypassed (or maybe this is an option in the admin panel, although I don't know why you would want to collect credit information for an order that is zero).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Use of Coupon allows checkout without payment!

Note: Discount Coupons are for

1 Dollars Off

2 Precentage Off

3 Free shipping

Discount Coupons are not able to be done in combination ... as in you cannot offer Free Shipping and $10.00 off ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

WORKAROUND FOUND: A few minutes later I was experimenting with the coupon values and discovered that in this particular case, if I enter the coupon value as 99.99% instead of 100% (not 99.9% - that gives a 1 cent balance on the product, and not 99.9999% - that makes the same behavior problem) it makes both the value come out right, and kicks back the correct credit card error.

Still, not ideal... but at least I am not panicking anymore.

I am using 1.3.6.

I don't actually have the free shipping in the coupon, I only had the 100% off, I know that it won't do both the percentage and the free shipping, I used some other method which I found searching this forum but which I can't remember. Something to do with the shipping module I think... but it wasn't a code hack, it was through the admin panel settings.
    Last edited by pioupioun; 30 Nov 2006 at 01:32 AM.