Default Extra Box on Account Sign-up Page

We're in (hopefully) final testing before going live with our site.

We recently had an extra box show up on the account sign-up page under the state box and above the zip code box. It has a black, instead of red star beside of it. You can click in the box and the cursor will move there but you cannot input any text into it. In addition, there's no text identifying what the box is for. Consequently you can't fill it in, and because it's starred (mandatory) you can't complete the page. When you try to go on you get an error message saying that you've not completed a mandatory box (although again it does not tell you what's supposed to go in there. I've checked through all the settings and have not been able to discover what's making it show up.

This was not in there before we upgraded to the latest version. I know because I made myself an account that I use for testing, while on the previous version.

Hopefully someones seen or experienced this an knows how to correct it.

David
    Paul's Sports

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Extra Box on Account Sign-up Page

As a blind guess not having an URL or anything to look at ...

Do you want Company name? Check that the field is set to 0 if you do not and that it is not set to 2 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Found a solution, although it's not what I really desire:
    The extra box shows up when I have both the "show state" and "always displayed as pull-down" box enabled. When I disable the "always displayed as pull-down". leaving just the state field enabled it's fine.

The question is whether this is a one or the other situation as I assumed it was- that you could have either a plain empty box they fill in OR have a pull-down list. However enabling both gives me a pull-down box AND the extra blank box. Enabling only the "always display as pull-down" I get no state/province box at all nor the pull-down list. In other words, at this point I cannot enable a pull-down list because it also gives me the blank, mandatory field, which can't be filled in, hence the page cannot be completed. Seems like this might be a bug.

Plugin Contributions

I think you need to be sure you are running the fully updated 1.3.6 version of the cart. I had that same exact problem when I updated my first cart to 1.3.6 but did not alter every file in my custom folders.....

I missed something......
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

Plugin Contributions

My solution was to completely re-do my templates. It sounds like a lot of work, and it is, but there were so many things different that it was easier to start over than it was to go line by line, file by file until I caught everything that was messed up.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net

I think you need to be sure you are running the fully updated 1.3.6 version of the cart. I had that same exact problem when I updated my first cart to 1.3.6 but did not alter every file in my custom folders...
    I hope that's not the case, as we recently paid a designer to update our CSS's and get our site updated and ready.

Plugin Contributions

In that case, I'd say your designer has more work to do.
    Ripper
    Oz Website Services
    www.oz-web.net