Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't log into Admin

I tried logging into admin and it said I had the wrong password (weird). I thought I might have been having a brain fart so I had it email to me. However, there was an email error. I'm assuming the 'email me' function resets the password? Anyhoo, I can't get in at all now and I'm the only one with a logon. What do you suggest?

TIA.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't log into Admin

You can reset the admin file by going to phpMyAdmin and running the following commands in the SQL ...

NOTE: this assumes you are not using prefixes on your database ...

This will drop the admin table and remake it clean:
    PHP Code:
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS admin;
    CREATE TABLE admin (

admin_id int(11NOT NULL auto_increment,

admin_name varchar(32NOT NULL default '',

admin_email varchar(96NOT NULL default '',

admin_pass varchar(40NOT NULL default '',

admin_level tinyint(1NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY  (admin_id),

KEY idx_admin_name_zen (admin_name),

KEY idx_admin_email_zen (admin_email)
    TYPE=MyISAM
    This will add a new login ...
    PHP Code:
    INSERT INTO admin (admin_nameadmin_emailadmin_passadmin_levelVALUES ('Admin''admin@localhost''351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b'1); 
    Login: Admin
    Password: admin

NOTE: be sure to immediately go to the Tools ... Admin Settings ... and set your email address and new password and username ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

THANK YOU! Please disregard the PM I just sent. I wasn't capitalizing the 'A' in Admin. Sometimes it's tough to see the trees through the forest.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sarah

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update!

Don't forget to change your email, password and login name right away!
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,

I am also having this problem. but, I just did what you suggested in phpadmin, and while it says my old password/username is incorrect, with the new password and username it just loops back to the log in screen, but with no error message. What should I do?

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you edit the file:
    /admin/includes/configure.php

And turn off the secure on your site by changing these from 'true' to 'false'
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'true');
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I checked, and they are already set to false. I don't have SSL set up.

Plugin Contributions

joining the admin access-block issue (read/tried most of the posts since July '06 ... & still looking) ...
    Ajeh - you're a vet on this issue - why is this prob persisting (user/password stuff must be platform independent, surely) ? shouldn't it be possible for us to edit the admin permissions directly via myphp somehow (go on, there's a box of Ferrero Rocher in it for just a couple of lines of sweet code)?

Plugin Contributions

The code for dropping and creating the admin table and then populating it should solve the problems ...

This doesn't make a lot of sense that you cannot do this via phpMyAdmin unless there is another reason for the admin to fail ...

The login is:
    Admin
    admin

Case sensative ...

If you use prefixes on your tables then you need to apply them to the sql so that the right table is dropped and created ...

Also, be sure that you are using the right database by looking at your file on the server for:
    /admin/includes/configure.php

If you have a secure server, try turning off the secure settings in the /admin/includes/configure.php

NOTE: if your permissions were 444 you have to change that to 777 or 644 or delete the file before you can reload it via FTP ... then change it back either in FTP or your Control Panel to either 644 or 444 ...

If you are still having issues ... I'd almost would have to see your phpMyAdmin and FTP access to check your site to see what is up ...

Note: do not post any of those settings here ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I've tried both the short & long versions of dropping and creating the admin table, but still can't get past the login ...

Noted the case sensitive bit ... (tried also the same routine but substituting my original login parameters - no joy; also the literal encrypted versions - still no joy) ...

Prefixes not used ...

Secure settings do not apply for the moment, and I'm sticking with the 777s as requested at install until the admin access is sorted out ...

There's only one database to choose from, and I'm altering the code for the admin table each time - it's not clear from my host's cpanel layout that there's room for ambiguity with locating the table (all set out A-Z). Could this be the issue ?

Unless I ought to be doing the code substitution with a text browser elsewhere & not cpanel ?

Thanx, Disco

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast