Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Either show free shipping icon w/ freeoptions OR show other modules w/ freeshipper

Simply, I want products to show the free ship icon on the product info page, AND I want buyers to have shipping options in addition to free shipping. Free shipping is worth trumpeting on the product info page, but it's not the best choice for every customer.

Unless I am overlooking something obvious (it's been known to happen), when my product has Always Free Shipping enabled, the buyer is prohibited from selecting any shipping method other than freeshipper. And when Always Free Shipping is disabled, the TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON (free ship icon in tpl_product_info_display.php) is also disabled.

So, I need to do either of the following, neither of which jives with current (v 1.3.6) ZenCart behavior:
    1. Show the Always Free Shipping icon on the product info page for products whose Always Free Shipping status is "No, Normal Shipping Rules" (but whose other characteristics qualify them for free shipping via the freeoptions shipping module)
    2. Show multiple shipping modules in checkout when a product's Always Free Shipping status is "Always Free Shipping"

Which of these would be easier to do? Has anyone else attempted something similar? Am I overlooking anything obvious?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Either show free shipping icon w/ freeoptions OR show other modules w/ freeshippe

The best thing to do is force the icon to show and not have products marked Always Free shipping or you will not be able to have other shipping methods ...

What Shipping Modules do you want to use, in addition to a Free Shipping choice?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Either show free shipping icon w/ freeoptions OR show other modules w/ freeshippe

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What Shipping Modules do you want to use, in addition to a Free Shipping choice?
    For now, I want to enable flat rate in addition to free shipping. Do you advise forcing the free ship icon to show when a product qualifies for free shipping via freeoptions?

Plugin Contributions

If you have actual Always Free shipping products, those need to be set for Always Free shipping so when they are the only thing in the cart the Free Shipping freeshipper can run ...

Then, for Flat flat and Free Shipping Options freeoptions to always be available you would need those installed as well ...

This would give the Flat Shipping and Free Shipping Options to always run, unless the whole cart consists of Always Free shipping products ... then the Free shipping freeshipper would run by itself and disable or hide the Flat shipping ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This would give the Flat Shipping and Free Shipping Options to always run, unless the whole cart consists of Always Free shipping products ... then the Free shipping freeshipper would run by itself and disable or hide the Flat shipping ...
    I have the modules installed and configured as you describe, but I still don't have a free ship icon on the product info page when products are set to "normal shipping rules."

Should I see the free ship icon on that product's info page?

Remember, I want to see the free ship icon on the product info page AND allow customers to choose between free shipping & flat rate.

Plugin Contributions

The best thing to do is force the icon to show and not have products marked Always Free shipping ...
    Hoping to achieve this, I am scrutinizing tpl_product_info_display.php:
    Code:
    <?php if(zen_get_product_is_always_free_shipping($products_id_current)) { ?>
    I guess it should be as simple as replacing this with another "if" that checks whether the product qualifies for free shipping according to the conditions set in freeoptions.

Now if I only knew how/where to check that.

Plugin Contributions

I am a little lost ...

If you set the Product to Always Free shipping ...

On the Product Info page you will see the Free Shipping Icon ...

To see it in the listing, set the Catalog ... Product Type ... click on Product General ... Edit Layout ...
    Product Free Shipping Image Status - Catalog
    Show the Free Shipping image/text in the catalog?
    And you will see it in the Product Listing as well ...

Do you have an URL to a Product that is Always Free Shipping where the icon is not showing?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Or, are you saying you do not want to "force" free shipping on "any" of the products but allow an option during checkout for Free shipping on a slow pony ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

The free ship icon DOES appear when product is set to "Always free shipping." That's not my problem.

My problem is that when the product is set to "Always free shipping," it does not allow for other shipping methods (e.g. Flat) during checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Or, are you saying you do not want to "force" free shipping on "any" of the products but allow an option during checkout for Free shipping on a slow pony ...
    Precisely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast