Plugin Contributions

application error New Customer mail, New Order mail, all mails to "Junk E-mail" ?

Hi !

I noticed that all mails sent from the web shop goes to Junk Mail if the customer uses Hotmail. Is there any way to prevent this from happening ? It looks very bad for the shop (of cource) if you receive junk mails from the shop. It doesn't look very serious... and I really want to solve this.

I am using 1.3.5 and sending the email in Swedish but I don't think that have to do with anything...

Hoping for a fast answer, if anyone have a solution how to solve this... I tried all four alternatives for E-Mail Transport Method and I am not good how to solve these kind of problems...

Please help...

/Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Customer mail, New Order mail, all mails to "Junk E-mail" ?

A lot of vendors put a reminder to whitelist them in their emails. Here's one from American Airlines:

If you have subscribed to AA email products and are not receiving them, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may use filters to prevent unwanted emails from reaching your inbox. Sometimes, these filters also block messages you want to receive. In most cases, adding us to your list of trusted senders will solve this issue. In AOL, select "Add Address"; in Yahoo! Mail, Outlook or Outlook Express select "Add To Address Book"; or Hotmail or MSN, select "Save Address(es)". If you need further assistance, contact your ISP's technical support department and ask how to "whitelist" emails from AA.

You can find others, probably in your own inbox (or spam basket, as the case may be).

Good luck,
    Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thanx for your reply...

Yes, that's an idea and I will use it if that's the only solution.

But is that a general thing, that Zen-Cart send mails that are read by ISP spam filters as a junk mail ?

Regards,
    Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

It's really not a problem with Zen as such; it's spam filters being overly aggressive. I was just complaining about Gmail being overly aggressive in marking legitimate email as spam over here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52808

Scott
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You might try flipping the switch for Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Emails must send from known domain? = Yes

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You might try flipping the switch for Admin->Configuration->Email Options->Emails must send from known domain? = Yes
    Hi!

I didn't work

Do you have more ideas ? It looks very cheap for the shop if Hotmail send our mails to the junk box... And it seems that this problem only appears for Hotmail...

/Typhoon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    Hi!

I didn't work

Do you have more ideas ? It looks very cheap for the shop if Hotmail send our mails to the junk box... And it seems that this problem only appears for Hotmail...

/Typhoon
    I have the same issue and it is a problem not only with Hotmail, but with many email providers such as Yahoo, Lycos, sbcglobal.net a few that I have tested.

One of the suggestions was to ask customers to put our email address in their "safe" list. This is not so useful when you have new customers ordering and you try to email them and all email goes to Spam folder. You have to get lucky for the customer to check their spam folder to identify your email as the one which is not spam.

My "From" email is: salesatmydomain.com. Is it possible that email providers consider such generic "From" email addresses such as "sales..." to be more likely a spam email rather than from an email address which would contain a regular name?

Or could it be that the Hosting service (in my case Sashbox) has been blacklisted by other mail providers and therefore delivery any email coming from Sashbox's servers as Spam?

Asriel
    www.PoolPresent.com