Plugin Contributions

Default Visual tool to modify the stylesheets

Hi
    This may have been covered over and over but I cant seem to find it. Is there software that will open the stylesheets and the other php files that will also give you a preview of what you are changing eg apperance like the font size, color etc.

I am aware that it is code that calls other mods etc and a true visual will not work but I have used Dreamweaver that will open it up ok but wont give a preview like standard html. I have also tried the likes of topstyle which was recommended from one of the guys in the forum which is closer

Or if there isnt is there an easy way to know what lines are associated with what for manual edit?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Visual tool to modify the stylesheets

In Firefox you can do this if you have the WebDeveloper plugin installed:
    http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, wasnt there an issue with these browsers and a background imige issue I read in one of the posts?

Also can you edit it on the fly and save straight back to your template and if you can what is stopping someone else to modify thiers?

As to the browser which one gives you a closer representation to IE as in the past what you create for IE dosnt always display correctly in other browsers eg: mozilla

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Yes, relative url calls to images are not found by FF i.e. url(../images/etc) but a minor point.

The css changes can be saved locally and then uploaded not a live upload or FTP capability so others can not change your code.

AS far as designing the generally accepted practice is to never use IE for development, bit to use the most compliant browser available for your platform and then check in the "NON COMPLIANT" Win IE and tweak the niggles from it.

If you have $ you can get the php extentions for DW and this corrects most of the issues.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that I was sure there was an issue with firefox at least I am aware of as I have done a base install on a bare server and had nothing but issues using the new version of both PHP and mysql with zen

Thanks for the headss up