Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 393
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,990
    Plugin Contributions
    109

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    There's a user exit called "exclude_product()" that you can add product ids to.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    43
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    can you explain that a little further? Sorry, I'm a Zen Amateur...

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    116
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by atomiksteve View Post
    can you explain that a little further? Sorry, I'm a Zen Amateur...
    I just figured this one out. You can find help here:

    http://www.thatsoftwareguy.com/zenca...html#userexits

    You need to open the file ot_giftwrap_checkout.php You can find it in the includes/modules/order_total folder.

    Look for the following code:

    Code:
    // Add products you wish to not offer wrapping for to this list.
        // Go to Admin->Catalog->Categories/Products->[Your category]
        // and look at the left hand side of the list to determine 
        // product id.   Note that 99999 and 99998 are just given
        // as examples.  By returning true, we exclude these products.
        function exclude_product($prid) {
            $id = (int)$prid;
            switch($id) {
               case 99998:
               case 99998:
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
    Then change 99998 to the product ID of the product you wish to exlude from gift wrapping. Assuming your product ID is 199 the new code would look like this:

    Code:
    // Add products you wish to not offer wrapping for to this list.
        // Go to Admin->Catalog->Categories/Products->[Your category]
        // and look at the left hand side of the list to determine 
        // product id.   Note that 99999 and 99998 are just given
        // as examples.  By returning true, we exclude these products.
        function exclude_product($prid) {
            $id = (int)$prid;
            switch($id) {
               case 199:
               case 99998:
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
    Save the file and upload it back to your server.

    Thank you for the mod swguy. I had no problems installing it. Quick and easy.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    188
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    The 1.3.8 version of this module (version 2.6_138) has been updated to print the gift wrapping settings on the packing slip. The readme also contains instructions for updating super_packingslip.php for Super Orders users.
    was not expecting you to address this issue so fast - thanks a million

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,990
    Plugin Contributions
    109

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    There will be new features for this module in 2009. Stay tuned.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    43
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by VisExp View Post
    I just figured this one out. You can find help here:

    http://www.thatsoftwareguy.com/zenca...html#userexits

    You need to open the file ot_giftwrap_checkout.php You can find it in the includes/modules/order_total folder.

    Look for the following code:

    Code:
    // Add products you wish to not offer wrapping for to this list.
        // Go to Admin->Catalog->Categories/Products->[Your category]
        // and look at the left hand side of the list to determine 
        // product id.   Note that 99999 and 99998 are just given
        // as examples.  By returning true, we exclude these products.
        function exclude_product($prid) {
            $id = (int)$prid;
            switch($id) {
               case 99998:
               case 99998:
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
    Then change 99998 to the product ID of the product you wish to exlude from gift wrapping. Assuming your product ID is 199 the new code would look like this:

    Code:
    // Add products you wish to not offer wrapping for to this list.
        // Go to Admin->Catalog->Categories/Products->[Your category]
        // and look at the left hand side of the list to determine 
        // product id.   Note that 99999 and 99998 are just given
        // as examples.  By returning true, we exclude these products.
        function exclude_product($prid) {
            $id = (int)$prid;
            switch($id) {
               case 199:
               case 99998:
                    return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
    Save the file and upload it back to your server.

    Thank you for the mod swguy. I had no problems installing it. Quick and easy.

    Thanks! I was able to figure it out on my own later that night. I think the numbers are for Category IDs though, not Products.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    515
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by atomiksteve View Post
    Thanks! I was able to figure it out on my own later that night. I think the numbers are for Category IDs though, not Products.
    Are the numbers for the product IDs or Cat IDs. I would like to install this and exclude several categories. I'm hoping you are correct as there are several categories that I can't offer this option due to coming direct from the distributor who does not offer gift wrap as an option.

    Can anyone verify this for me?

    Thanks

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    515
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    help question Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    I'm working through the files to install this contribution, and as always I first try to read through all the post "before" installing a new contribution to be made aware of issues I might encounter. In doing so I noted the code mention for admin/includes/classes/order.php in post 131

    PHP Code:
    select orders_products_id
    from 
    " . TABLE_ORDERS_GIFTWRAP . "
    where orders_id '" . zen_db_input($oID) . "' and wrap 1"); 
    - I have just done a compare on that file due to previous modifications I have made to the file, in order to merge gift wrap changes and realized the file I have in the download for giftwrap is untouched. There is no reference that I can see for the Gift Wrap Table and I don't see anything in the Readme file referencing modifying that file.

    I completed the install using the provided file, and low and behold, no reference in the admin. Can someone provide me with a correct copy of that file, admin/includes/classes/order.php or the complete code that needs to be modified and/or included?

    Thanks in advance -

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    515
    Plugin Contributions
    1

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    My bad... not admin, but catalog (order.php) - found my error - now to test and see where we are.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,990
    Plugin Contributions
    109

    Default Re: Gift Wrapping Contribution

    Quote Originally Posted by rwoody View Post
    Are the numbers for the product IDs or Cat IDs. I would like to install this and exclude several categories. I'm hoping you are correct as there are several categories that I can't offer this option due to coming direct from the distributor who does not offer gift wrap as an option.

    Can anyone verify this for me?
    You may exclude either categories of products (by parent category id) or individual products (by product id).
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

 

 
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gift Wrapping
    By Ms_X in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23 Jan 2011, 03:05 AM
  2. Gift Wrapping Contribution
    By rascald in forum General Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4 Jul 2009, 10:10 AM
  3. Gift Wrapping
    By Patpete in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5 Sep 2008, 06:28 AM
  4. Gift Wrapping
    By AvieLF in forum General Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6 Mar 2007, 01:56 AM
  5. Gift Wrapping
    By tbrides in forum General Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3 Feb 2007, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR