Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer getting GV error

I have a customer who is trying to purchase just a gift certificate, but when she tries to checkout, she gets this error:

Ship To First Name is required. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

I just duplicated the problem with my own account info. I double-checked, and I don't see anywhere in the checkout process to enter a Ship To first name. I've had a couple of problems with gift certificates lately - people just started buying them - so I'm thinking something must not be set up right. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer getting GV error

What version php?

What version Zen Cart are you using?

Clean install or an upgrade? If an upgrade, from what version and how did you upgrade?

Did you use the templates and overrides system for all changes and modifications?

If you can reproduce the error easily, what happens if you switch to Classic, does the error go away?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh!

PHP is 4.3.11 (Zend 1.3.0) and ZenCart 1.3.6. It was an upgrade from 1.3.5 and was upgraded as is recommended in the upgrade FAQ. But, I've got a bunch of mods installed at this point: Image Handler, Newsletter Only, Email Address Exporter, CrossSell, Attributes Controller, User Tracking, and Singapore Gallery. I'm using the override system as far as I know...

I switched to the Classic template and got the same error when I clicked the "Continue Checkout" button on Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information. It sent me back to the same page (Step 2 of 3) with the error at the top of the page. We've only sold 2 gift certificates prior to this, and I *think* both went through ok. This is the first time I've heard of this problem... Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

Create a new account and see if it works ...

This could be related to issues in v1.3.5 that v1.3.6 corrected but you may have some bad data at the moment on a few customers that needs tidying up ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh (Linda!)... thanks again for working with me on this. I created a new account, but still getting the same error. Are there some key files you can recommend I try comparing from the clean 1.3.6 files and what I've got up right now? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

What Payment Modules are you using?

Have you tried to save your settings in all Payment modules and Shipping modules then do a remove, install and configure?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Are you possibly using the Company Name for some other reason?

Or, are you not requiring the Company Name and have it set to a Minimum Value rather than 0?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

I have Authorize.net AIM installed. I just removed, installed, and re-configured both the Authorize.net AIM and USPS shipping modules, but am still getting the same error:

Ship To First Name is required. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

I'm not using the Company Name for anything, and the minimum value is set to 0.

Any other ideas of where to look? Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL to this site that we can perhaps look at?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yup - the one in my signature: http://superbuzzy.com/

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast