Plugin Contributions

red flag Changing password for Authorize.net payment module

I have Authorize.net as the payment gateway through which my customers can process their online CC payments. But I just changed the password on my Authorize.net account, and now I don't think I'm receiving payments for recent orders. For example, one customer completed checkout, but his payment wasn't processed by Authorize.net and, because of the settings I had in Zen Cart, the CC number wasn't saved for manual processing.

My question is: How do I update the password Zen Cart is using to access my Authorize.net account? I didn't see a field in the Authorize.net payment module in Zen Cart to input the account's password. Should I just delete the module and then reactivate it?

Help!!!!! I'm worried I might have lost out on that sale. Any and all advice is welcome....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing password for Authorize.net payment module

1. In the Authorizenet_aim module, Zen Cart uses user name and transaction key, not your actual account password. This provides a different layer of security, and should not be impacted by merely changing your login password for managing your account.

2. When you make a change, you should test that there has been no negative impact. How do you test your credit card system? MAKE A PURCHASE -- yes, a live purchase, using your own real credit card. You can void the transaction later so that your card is not charged.

So, to check and see whether it's working, place an order.

3. The authorizenet_aim module WILL NEVER email you ANY credit card numbers, not even partial ones. If you getting those kinds of emails, then you have more than one credit-card module installed, and may be confusing your customers, as well as yourself.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing password for Authorize.net payment module

Thank you so much for your advice!! I will try this suggestion out and see if I'm able to send myself payments. Also, I think I have Zen Cart's built-in CC module activated, and I think it may be confusing my customers...