Page 36 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Quote Originally Posted by copels View Post
    Hi there

I've been using Google Analytics for a while but I've now decided to add the ecommerce tracking.

Do I need to delete the code I put in the footer file before I install Simple Google Analytics?

Thanks

Steve
    Yes, if you manually inserted the e-commerce tracking code into your footer file, then you will want to remove that if you install Simple Google Analytics. The Module automatically inserts the proper e-commerce tracking code for you so there is no need to manually insert it.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    When I look at my google analytics it tells me my highest search keywords....however I question if this is accurate because it says that 11 people searched a product in a specific size yesterday on my site and according to my user tracking, I didn't have even one person search for that product, let alone a specific size.
    What am I doing wrong?

Google search terms are for terms that are searched on from the INTERNET (the search engine Google). I don't use the "user tracking" module in my zen sites, but if I recall from reading that tracks the searches performed on your actual Zen Cart site where as Google reports on those terms searched on through their engine alone.]

You haven't "done" anything wrong from a "technical perspective". You're reading the statistics wrong.
    Last edited by econcepts; 12 Oct 2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: added info
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Google search terms are for terms that are searched on from the INTERNET (the search engine Google). I don't use the "user tracking" module in my zen sites, but if I recall from reading that tracks the searches performed on your actual Zen Cart site where as Google reports on those terms searched on through their engine alone.]

You haven't "done" anything wrong from a "technical perspective". You're reading the statistics wrong.
    With user tracking you can tell what site the customer came from, if it is from a google search or google products ect... I can tell that customers came to my site using other search terms but I do not see any searches for the 1. keyword phrase.
    I can find every other keyword or keyword phrase just not that one.

Plugin Contributions

I have loaded your files, all under the Public HTML folder, but Google Analytics doesn't recognize me for account purposes. GA keeps asking me to add their script. Where do I put that? I am assuming I've done something wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tot 2 Teen View Post
    I have loaded your files, all under the Public HTML folder, but Google Analytics doesn't recognize me for account purposes. GA keeps asking me to add their script. Where do I put that? I am assuming I've done something wrong?

Make sure you have given Google the proper url to check for the code at. Also make sure you have configured the module with your unique Google Tracking URL.

Make sure you have also followed the included readme for installation. The files I provided with the module all go into subdirectories off of the root. Not directly into the root themselves. If you have a custom template you are running, you need to account for that as well during install.

The workbook I have listed in my signature goes through step by step screenshots of how to troubleshoot Google Analytics including this exact problem.

Good luck!
    Last edited by econcepts; 14 Oct 2007 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added info
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    With user tracking you can tell what site the customer came from, if it is from a google search or google products ect... I can tell that customers came to my site using other search terms but I do not see any searches for the 1. keyword phrase.
    I can find every other keyword or keyword phrase just not that one.

Keep in mind that Google Analytics would not report correct data if the user on the other end has JavaScript disabled in their browser or blocked. In addition, sometime the presence of a firewall will cause tracking to not work. This is information that is directly stated in the Google Help section for their system.

This may be the case you are seeing. Since Google Analytics runs using JavaScript, any user with it disabled or blocked will not be tracked.

Hope that helps. :)

This link may further explain.

http://www.google.com/support/google...n&answer=55614
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

I'm working through the setup of conversion tracking. When I do the code verification in the adwords control panel, it says it cannot find the code on my checkout_success page. But when I go to my checkout success page, sure enough there it is.

Sooo . . . what do I do? If the status on google is 'Verification failed' will it still track conversions? Any thoughts from the experts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

When I compared the code that was showing up on my checkout_success page to the code that google was telling me to copy and paste, I noticed a few small discrepencies. For example this code for the google_conversion_label was different. (I however have no idea what this means.)

Sooo, I turned off the tracking in the admin, and hard coded the sucker in the tpl_main_page for the checkout success page. I have now verified that the code shown is EXACTLY the same code google is telling me to show, but yet, it still fails verification. . . .

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by voltage View Post
    When I compared the code that was showing up on my checkout_success page to the code that google was telling me to copy and paste, I noticed a few small discrepencies. For example this code for the google_conversion_label was different. (I however have no idea what this means.)

Sooo, I turned off the tracking in the admin, and hard coded the sucker in the tpl_main_page for the checkout success page. I have now verified that the code shown is EXACTLY the same code google is telling me to show, but yet, it still fails verification. . . .
    The tracking code provided (used) within the module itself works ok and is code that Google authorized quote a while back. Since then they have made some minor adjustments, however, those adjustments have no effect on the tracking code.

As long as you turned the tracking code on from within the Admin (and activated it) then you should not have to manually add any code to your page.

The reason for google not being able to verify the tracking code is more than likely do to the url that you are providing google or some mis configured tracking id number on your end (again, not within the module itself).

The biggest thing I see with people is that many think they have properly setup and configured analytics, when in fact, 95% of the time I get in and find they have not set it up correctly (thus giving errors as you are seeing).

The module itself, once installed, works flawlessly (I'm using it on over 15 sites right now without a problem, and have been for as long as 1.5 years in some cases).

Make sure you exactly and carefully follow the instructions on how to properly give Google the url verification path. The workbook listed in my signature addresses all of these issues and more ... you might find it beneficial to give it a read. I think you'll find a number of issues that are clarified.

:)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, but if I am going to spend $20, I'd rather just pay someone $20 to set it up for me.