Page 213 of 217 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

I'm having an issue with GA reporting all payments made via Paypal Express Checkout as having the referrer "paypal.com" instead of the true referrer. This is because the user is redirect to paypal for payment and GA counts paypal as the new referrer when they complete payment.

The solution I found was to add the parameter "utm_nooverride=1" to the return page to prevent the GA code on my return page from counting whatever new referrer is given. So what is the return page? Is it ipn_main_handler.php? And where can I add this parameter? The only thing I found was in includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php there is code with $return_url. Should I add it to the string? Are there already parameters on the return url? Should I add "&utm_nooverride=1" or "?utm_nooverride=1" ?

That doesn't even seem like the right file though. I assume paypalwpp is Website Payments Pro, which keeps the user on my site to enter a credit card, unlike Express Checkout, which sends the user to paypal.com, which is where the problem is.

Note that the solution given elsewhere, adding paypal.com to the referral exclusion list within GA, doesn't work well because it excludes the entire user session from all reports instead of giving the previous referrer credit.
    Last edited by fakeDecoy; 20 Aug 2015 at 03:39 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fakeDecoy View Post
    I'm having an issue with GA reporting all payments made via Paypal Express Checkout as having the referrer "paypal.com" instead of the true referrer. This is because the user is redirect to paypal for payment and GA counts paypal as the new referrer when they complete payment.

The solution I found was to add the parameter "utm_nooverride=1" to the return page to prevent the GA code on my return page from counting whatever new referrer is given. So what is the return page? Is it ipn_main_handler.php? And where can I add this parameter? The only thing I found was in includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php there is code with $return_url. Should I add it to the string? Are there already parameters on the return url? Should I add "&utm_nooverride=1" or "?utm_nooverride=1" ?

That doesn't even seem like the right file though. I assume paypalwpp is Website Payments Pro, which keeps the user on my site to enter a credit card, unlike Express Checkout, which sends the user to paypal.com, which is where the problem is.

Note that the solution given elsewhere, adding paypal.com to the referral exclusion list within GA, doesn't work well because it excludes the entire user session from all reports instead of giving the previous referrer credit.
    I wouldn't mess with any code in the actual files you listed. Not only are they core files (that would be written over during future updates possibly), but they are specifically related to payments etc... (and you wouldn't want to alter anything there.)

The easiest way to add that variable to your query string would be to add it within your actual paypal account (under the return url section). Give it the return URL that the site should go to and then add the extra info to the query string.

Hopefully that makes sense.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Have this installed and updated to my version. and in the analytics config. I have my tracking ID listed correctly.
    but when I go to Google Analytics online and enter my site I get the following message: Status: Tracking Not Installed: You have 1 high-priority issue: Missing Tracking Code.
    Look forward to your suggestion
    Thanx
    Rufusclc

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rufusclc View Post
    Hi
    Have this installed and updated to my version. and in the analytics config. I have my tracking ID listed correctly.
    but when I go to Google Analytics online and enter my site I get the following message: Status: Tracking Not Installed: You have 1 high-priority issue: Missing Tracking Code.
    Thanx
    Rufusclc
    I seem to recall that there can be quite some delay between when the tracking is 1st set up and when the Status reports get updated. Check again tomorrow.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rufusclc View Post
    Hi
    Thanx
    Rufusclc
    How long has the tracking been activated on the site? Send over a url and I'll take a closer look.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    How long has the tracking been activated on the site? Send over a url and I'll take a closer look.
    Eric how things going with the upgrade you suppose to be releasing for a year now. You any closer in releasing it?

If not do you have a beta version you can send out...

Thanks
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Eric how things going with the upgrade you suppose to be releasing for a year now. You any closer in releasing it?

If not do you have a beta version you can send out...

Thanks
    It's ready (believe it or not). I've been continually adding to it and figured if I do that for ever it will never get out. I do have it in a package and ready for install. Once out here it should have a number of updates (to areas that I would love to add before launch, but that just are too 'large' to incorporate beforehand. So I'll push these out in various updates to the module in the coming months after the initial release.

I'm putting together a run down now of all the updates / changes to the module since the last time I touched it and am looking to have that ready here in the next 7 days. I'll upload a copy to my site first for download and then to the Zen forums for download.

The reason this has taken so long is that the package also includes my new "Ecommerce Amplifier" framework. As many may know, for the past 10 years or more I have been helping online retailers increase sales and website conversion through driving traffic, designs that are proven to increase sales etc... As the pioneer and front runner in this area for Zen Cart (no one was talking heavily about 'conversion' before I started 'educating' them that website 'design' alone won't increase sales) I decided to take all those components and roll it into a members site.

Members have found the site extremely helpful (we've taken many businesses from zero to hundreds of thousands in sales using the same process) but I wanted to do more for stores. With so many others now saying 'they can increase your sales conversion' (yet many having no real clue what it means to do that) I decided to wrap all of my knowledge and 'tools' into one framework (i.e. Ecommerce Amplifier).

This framework includes all of my 'best' modules (updated) as well as a number of 'new / upcoming' modules. All tested, targeted, and proven to increase ecommerce sales. These modules cover 'tracking'--the Simple Google Analytics as well as several other tracking modules are / will be options, the modules cover 'traffic' (I've got a new module called PPC Amplifier that helps you run more successful Adwords / Bing ppc campaigns), the modules cover 'reporting' (I've started to integrate my "Goal Get It" software into the system (previously only available to my members) as well.

So there is a ton of information I've been working on bringing together for this release (and again, not all of it is ready yet ... but I'm going to release anyhow and provide updates as we go along.)

This framework is like no other in what it can do for ecommerce stores and it has / will have some of the most powerful tools (that I built and have used for many years) yet available to once again help you store owners build highly successful businesses.

That's the long winded run down of why it has been so long in the making. It's not just Simple Google Analytics anymore, it is an entire framework that uses my SMART system tools to make store owners more money.

Stay tuned for the initial release here which includes the main thing you all have been looking for ... the updated and revised Simple Google Analytics module.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

I have installed Simple Google Analytics and I also have MobiZenCart installed. In the Real Time when I use the computer normally it says "Desktop" but when I got to the website using my iPhone and/or iPad it shows "0" Visitors/Users and it doesn't show what what device they are using. What am I missing?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mtechama View Post
    I have installed Simple Google Analytics and I also have MobiZenCart installed. In the Real Time when I use the computer normally it says "Desktop" but when I got to the website using my iPhone and/or iPad it shows "0" Visitors/Users and it doesn't show what what device they are using. What am I missing?
    Just a guess. Simple GA requires a small addition to the template files (as I recall).
    MobiZenCart has its own template files when viewed on a mobile device (I gather)

Conclusion, you need to make the same addition/changes to the mobizencart template that you needed for the desktop template.

Just a stab in the dark.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Just a guess. Simple GA requires a small addition to the template files (as I recall).
    MobiZenCart has its own template files when viewed on a mobile device (I gather)

Conclusion, you need to make the same addition/changes to the mobizencart template that you needed for the desktop template.

Just a stab in the dark.

Cheers
    RodG
    Right now, I am using Cherry Zen for my main template. So I need to add the Cherry Zen template to the MobiZenCart Template folder (includes/templates/mobizencart/templates/cherry_zen) that is the Simple GA folder, is that right?
    Last edited by wmorris; 3 Feb 2016 at 07:41 PM.