Page 186 of 217 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

does nobody read this forum?

Plugin Contributions

You're proving to be quite a cheeky fellow.... Nobody has a right to DEMAND answers on this forum - even "implied" demands.

Please remember that ALL HELP GIVEN HERE is given for FREE and in good faith. Be patient - or hire a coder to assist you if you don't like these policies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW you install this module will depend on what VERSION of ZC you are using.

If you do not have tpl_main_page.php in your CUSTOM folder (see the module's install.txt instructions) then you need to PUT A COPY of that file into that folder.

Then, you EDIT that COPIED file to put in the lines of code indicated in the instructions.

I trust you have your site's UA-XXXXXXX code ? (That is inserted into the database using the configuration tools for GA in your admin area.)
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    You're proving to be quite a cheeky fellow.... Nobody has a right to DEMAND answers on this forum - even "implied" demands.

Please remember that ALL HELP GIVEN HERE is given for FREE and in good faith. Be patient - or hire a coder to assist you if you don't like these policies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW you install this module will depend on what VERSION of ZC you are using.

If you do not have tpl_main_page.php in your CUSTOM folder (see the module's install.txt instructions) then you need to PUT A COPY of that file into that folder.

Then, you EDIT that COPIED file to put in the lines of code indicated in the instructions.

I trust you have your site's UA-XXXXXXX code ? (That is inserted into the database using the configuration tools for GA in your admin area.)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshadow View Post
    does nobody read this forum?
    I agree with Schoolboy!

With that said if you would go back a page or two and read some post I gave, you might just find out how to install this. If you still have problems afterwards I will try to help.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Countrycharm,

I took the time to upgrade my 1.2.3 to version 1.2.5c of Simple Google Analytics, which basically consisted of removing the code from my includes/templates/mytemplate/common/html_header.php file.

I still cannot see the Simple Google Analytics in my site when I view source, and it is not tracking. I do have the header still installed on my www.m u s i c s t u d i o s t o r e.com website, and it still works.

I followed the following advice, and chose the upgrade. I am running Zen Cart version 1.3.9. Maybe there is actually more to the upgrade than deleting code from the header. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Yes when you get the time to upgrade to v1.2.5c and follow post 1833 you will be OK.
    One further question relating to Google Analytics itself: I have been trying as a next point of attack to try to figure out exactly when the Google Analytics stopped working on www.g o k a r a o k e m a c h i n e.com, but I cannot figure out how to choose a date range within Google Analytics to obtain this information. There is no calendar showing in the upper right of my Google Analytics screen, and I have searched all morning for how to choose/change the date range.

Do you know how the date range may be changed in the new version of Google Analytics? Perhaps I should go back to the old version where I had this date change capability.

Thanks.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Well, it helps to finally ask a question, because I finally found how to change the date range in the new version of Google Analytics by going to the old version and seeing how that looked.

It turns out the new version removes the date range box so it is pretty far above the hour/day/week/month box. It is by clicking the actual date range box that the calendar comes up. I do not know why it was so hard to figure out in the new version, and I still do not see the option in the menu, but maybe I will find it based on seeing the old version.

Notageek

Plugin Contributions

Well, once I had identified the date one of my sites stopped showing the Google Analytics code in view source and consequently in Google Analytics, I was able to isolate what I was doing when GA stopped showing, which was to install a module. I actually installed the module on both of my sites, but one site is still being tracked in Google Analytics. I checked the files in that module, and the includes/templates/mytemplate/common/tpl_main_page.php was not changed.

The module works on both websites, so I know it is not the module itself (Links Manager by the wonderful Clyde Jones).

The Links Manager module does have a .sql file, and I recall I did have a bit of trouble installing the .sql file on the site with my current GA problem, and figured out that problem before smoothly installing it on my second site.

I thought I would be able to compare files and find the error. but I am not sure what I would compare. I compared the tpl_main_page.php file with my backup before the GA stopped showing, and they are the same.

In trying to recall what the .sql glitch was, it might have been some wording in the php version that had changed from the prior php version. I'm not sure, though.

So, my question is whether I really should try to just compare all pre-problem files with the current files, maybe starting with the Links Manager files, or whether there is some procedure for looking at the .sql database for some conflicting data. I am having trouble visualizing a system other than just a total review of all website files through WinMerge, pre-problem and post-problem.

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether I am on the right track?

Notageek
    Last edited by notageek; 2 Jun 2012 at 11:03 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I have the latest version of zencart and set up everything per the instructions along with some instructions only found in the forums (for the missing tab in the configuration drop down list). My only problem is not seeing historical data in google analytics. I only see the analytics work when I select the Real-Time Beta option. But everything else is just 0 or not logged. Does anyone have experience with this?

Plugin Contributions

Your install.txt reads: "NOTE 1: Follow these set of instructions ONLY if you have never had any of the Simple Google Analytics Modules installed."

What if you HAVE had a previous version of Simple Google Analytics Modules installed?

Plugin Contributions

Never mind. Dumb question.

Plugin Contributions

I have tried using this new_installation files for my zencart site (running v1.5) but google analytics does not detecting my tracking code. I'm certain i followed the steps correctly however the on_load_main.js does not exist in the folder you said it will in the text instructions, I did find it in the login folder but it did not have the line you specified anyway? my site is worldwideweb . i n n a t e s t r e e t w e a r . com.au have any ideas what i have done wrong here? I also have tried setting the tracking to asynchronous and also to its default in the admin settings which has not change anything, I also tried pasting the custom code from the analytic settings page into the custom tracking code area in GA settings.