Page 3 of 217 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Hi,

I installed this on v1.37, went through the readme and followed all the instructions yet on the google analytic site, I'm still getting the message:

Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: 2007-01-28 7:13 PM PST.)
    The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

Could I have missed something or does it take a while for it to find the code when I have it re-check?

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bettysue View Post
    Hi,

I installed this on v1.37, went through the readme and followed all the instructions yet on the google analytic site, I'm still getting the message:

Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: 2007-01-28 7:13 PM PST.)
    The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

Could I have missed something or does it take a while for it to find the code when I have it re-check?

thank you,

betty
    Betty Did you go into the admin and go to configuration->Google analytics configuration and enter your Analytics account number? it should not be UA-XXXXXX-1 it should be your actual account number from google.

Also give me a url and I will take a look.
    ---------------------------------
    Barracuda Productions pure instincts

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    I have this installed on ver 1.2.7, it records the visits and goal conversions, but not the transaction and order value. Any ideas where I am going wrong?
    Nellie - This module has not been tested on 1.2.7 so not sure the problem but lets fix the problem. can you give me a url so I can take a look

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    Betty Did you go into the admin and go to configuration->Google analytics configuration and enter your Analytics account number? it should not be UA-XXXXXX-1 it should be your actual account number from google.

Also give me a url and I will take a look.

Hi,

Yes I did put the account number in admin. The only thing I didn't put anything in was the affiliate entry as I didn't know what it was for.

http://www.buysoul.com

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Cuda, have a look at www.fromhome.co.za.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bettysue View Post
    Hi,

Yes I did put the account number in admin. The only thing I didn't put anything in was the affiliate entry as I didn't know what it was for.

http://www.buysoul.com

thank you,

betty
    When I go and view the source of your home page I get this code at the bottom:
    Code:
    <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "UA-XXXXXX-X";
    urchinTracker();
    </script>
    The XXXX are there so that indicates to me that your database does not have the account number in it. Also make sure just before the </body> tag in your home page template because you may have just the code above there and that could be your problem:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
    ?>
    Last edited by cuda; 29 Jan 2007 at 07:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    The XXXX are there so that indicates to me that your database does not have the account number in it. Also make sure just before the </body> tag in your home page template because you may have just the code above there and that could be your problem:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
    ?>
    The UH number is in the config in admin, I didn't see in the instructions that I had to enter it elsewhere.

Plus I did enter the code just before the end body tag.
    The last few lines of my templates/custom/common/tpl_main_page.php are:
    Code:
    <!--eof- banner #6 display -->

</div>
    <?php
    require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
    ?>
    </body>
    I also made sure that my body statement had the $zv_onload statement in it.
    Code:
    ?>
    <body id="<?php echo $body_id . 'Body'; ?>"<?php if($zv_onload !='') echo ' onload="'.$zv_onload.'"'; ?>>
    <?php
    What did I miss?

betty

Plugin Contributions

I just went back to Google Analytics and it says "Receiving Data" so it must be finding it now?

I don't know what the message below it means, there is a yellow explamation mark and says "Conversion Goals (0)" .

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Hey Betty, you need to setup goals in Google's control panel, edit the settings of your website profile and complete the Conversion goals and funnel section.

Plugin Contributions

I have been trying to track down this error that came up tonight when I was doing an order to see if everything worked ok (please note the double // in path):

Code:
    <!--bof- parse time display -->
    <!--eof- parse time display -->
    <!--bof- banner #6 display -->
    <!--eof- banner #6 display -->

</div>
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  main(includes/templates/custom/checkout_success//google_analytics.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/path/removed/public_html/store/includes/templates/custom/common/tpl_main_page.php</b> on line <b>184</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>:  main(includes/templates/custom/checkout_success//google_analytics.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/path/removed/public_html/store/includes/templates/custom/common/tpl_main_page.php</b> on line <b>184</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Fatal error</b>:  main() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/templates/custom/checkout_success//google_analytics.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/path/removed/public_html/store/includes/templates/custom/common/tpl_main_page.php</b> on line <b>184</b><br />
    betty

Page 3 of 217 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast