Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Bob,

Hang on ...
    OK, thanks ...

Bob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Quote Originally Posted by KristinaLynn View Post
    Thanks for your help! I do believe I have everything installed correctly. I went in to the admin side of my site and put in the UA code but nothing is showing up in my analytics for my store. Do I need to add a new account in Google Analytics and point it to my store? Will there be more code I need to enter?
    Don't know if you need a new account, you may need a new profile, though ... go to your Google Analytics account overview page, click on the account name to get to the profiles. See if the status of profile associated with the UA number is checked in green to show active. Or are there any obvious messages for that profile?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by inovermyhead View Post
    Don't know if you need a new account, you may need a new profile, though ... go to your Google Analytics account overview page, click on the account name to get to the profiles. See if the status of profile associated with the UA number is checked in green to show active. Or are there any obvious messages for that profile?
    Ok I set up a new profile associated with my store. It gave me the google analytics code which I pasted into the tpl_main_page.php file. Is this where it needed to go? I also updated the UA number in my administrative panel. In my google anayltics account it still says that tracking is not installed. Where am I going wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by KristinaLynn View Post
    Ok I set up a new profile associated with my store. It gave me the google analytics code which I pasted into the tpl_main_page.php file. Is this where it needed to go? I also updated the UA number in my administrative panel. In my google anayltics account it still says that tracking is not installed. Where am I going wrong?
    Post the link to your site and I'll take a look.

Did you make sure that the tracking code is actually showing on the pages of your site?

One way to check is to view your website in a browser than perform a "view source" to look at the code behind the page.

Scroll to the bottom and see if the "Google Analytics" tracking code is present. If so, then you have the website portion setup correctly but the likely issue lies within the way your Google Analytics account sees it.

If the code is not existent on the bottom of your pages then you didn't properly place the code from "Step 3" of the read me onto your template file (or the correct template file that is.)

We'll get to the bottom of it here.

Post the link and I can point you in the right direction.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

I'm running a heavily modded 1.3.8 and just tried installing googly analytics...

I uploaded the files (paying close attn to my custom folder), files went to the right place.

I added the code to my tpl_main_page.php and ran the sql patch...

now my store is GONE. Every page is blank.

Please...please help.

I've already ran the UNINSTALL sql patch and re-uploaded the orig tpl_main_page.php file and my store is still gone!

I need help in a hurry please! I just ran a massive email marketing campaign (my first one!) hence the need to try google analytics today...and people are trying to get on my site right NOW. Oh gosh, this is the worst possible thing to happen!
    Michelle B
    The Soap Peddler - Homemade Goat milk soaps, Beer soaps, Coconut milk soaps, Cocoa butter tub truffles & more!

Plugin Contributions

Disregard my prev post. PROBLEM RESOLVED!!

It was NOT this app that caused the issue.

It was a plugin from mailchimp called Ecommerce 360 that was causing me grief, and a quick search through these forums pointed me to instructions for debugging/correcting the issue. (Thanks Dr. Byte!)

Everything's fine now, site's up & running.

I'll try to install google analytics again later, after my nerves recover. :-)
    Michelle B
    The Soap Peddler - Homemade Goat milk soaps, Beer soaps, Coconut milk soaps, Cocoa butter tub truffles & more!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Bob,

You can still use the "http:" portion and domain for the url that won't be a problem. Google just recommends the other way (but I do it both).

The best thing to do here might be for me to take a look at what you have in the backend. I'll do some more looking at the front end now that I have links and see if I can't turn anything up.

Hang on ...
    Hello, Eric, was wondering if you'd had a chance to look into this ...
    let me know if we can add any info ...

Thanks,
    Bob

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have a problem with SGA and ecommerce revenue... I have JAM affiliate installed aswell, and that seems to mess up the GA code, as the JAM has its own tpl_footer (placed in a folder called .../[my template]/checkout_success). That footer overrides the other one, and thus removes the SGA code from checkout success - where I need it to be, to track revenue etc...

Any idea how to work around this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Hi,

I have a problem with SGA and ecommerce revenue... I have JAM affiliate installed aswell, and that seems to mess up the GA code, as the JAM has its own tpl_footer (placed in a folder called .../[my template]/checkout_success). That footer overrides the other one, and thus removes the SGA code from checkout success - where I need it to be, to track revenue etc...

Any idea how to work around this?
    Yes, the fix for how to integrate the two (JAM and SGA) can be found here:

http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...-the-workbook/

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page (in the comments section). I've detailed out how to integrate the two there.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Question: once this is all setup and configured - analytics and conversion tracking done - should the checkout_success page contain some sort of analytics code at the bottom?
    I just processed on offline order (the lead was generated through the website but not through the cart) to test everything, and the final checkout_success page contains no tracking code.