Page 191 of 217 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Check my PM to you. The only thing the old version did not have was the instructions to register the page with the Admin (a new feature in 1.5 that was not out when that version was published ... but it still works fine on 1.5 etc...).

So all you have to do now is register the page with the admin and you're all set.

Let me know if that helps.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Still no go, running the query doesn't give me an gID, i don't think it's installed, but I've run the sql installer multiple times. What a pain....Where's a download link to the latest version????

Plugin Contributions

I haven't uploaded the new version to Zen downloads yet. Will be doing that in a few days here. I will post a link to another location it can be donwloaded here once I get that in place (for those who are waiting on it.)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Cool. Would running the sql install file multiple times cause any problems? It seems that running it now isn't 'installing' it for me...I only assume it's not installed since 1)running the latest version doesn't add it to my admin 2) trying to run the query from myphpadmin returns no results....

"#1146 - Table 'thisish2_znc1.configuration' doesn't exist"

Plugin Contributions

Running it multiple times is not going to hurt, but if you have already included your Tracking IDs etc... into the admin, it will remove them and you would need to re-enter those. You may also see (in some cases) if you run it multiple times an error saying 'can't add table xxx' (or something like that) because it already exists. No problem there either. The system is just saying the table already is present (or changes in it.)

If you try to run the query from phpmyadmin (which I don't recommend), just make sure you add any databsae prefix to all sections that are referenced to be added. When using the SQL patch tool in the Zen Cart admin, this is done automatically for you.

If you don't see the contribution configuration section in your admin make sure you try one of the following:

1) Check to see if you are running any "Admin Profiles" type of add-on that might need permissions added for the user who is logged in. If so, add the permissions to view the new contribution configuration section, and you should see it.

2) If you are not running any "Admin Profiles" type of add-on then look at the following:

If you are running the 1.2.5 version (the first 1.2.5 version .. .not subsequent 'b' / 'c' versions) then you still need to do the following for it to show up in your admin (this is included in the versions after my 1.2.5 original one, but it seems as though people are having issues with those newer versions do to the way they were setup and instructions were written. I'll likely be rolling this back in the next version here to make it easier to understand install again (it's actually very straight forward and should only take a maximum of 5 minutes to install and configure.)

The original 1.2.5 version did not include the additional language file for adding the section to you admin. Likewise, it didn't include instructions on how to register the page with the admin either (as neither of those options were available at the time of that release.)

So to get it showing in your admin do the following (again, this is already built into my newest 1.2.6 release set to be added soon.)

Create this file: admin/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/googleanalytics.php and placed the following code in this file:

<?php
    define('UN_BOX_GOOGLE_ANALYTICS', 'Simple Google Analytics');

Here are the settings I used in the admin registration page.

Page Key: Simple Google Analytics
    Page Name: UN_BOX_GOOGLE_ANALYTICS
    Page Filename: FILENAME_CONFIGURATION
    Page Parameters: gID=[enter your number here] (make sure you look up this in your database because the number will be different. see below on how to do this.)
    Menu: configuration
    Display on Menu? Y
    Sort Order: whatever you want
    To find the gID number run this select statement in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT * FROM `configuration` WHERE configuration_key like '%google%'

Then look for the configuration_group_id. This is the number to use after gID=

Upload that file to the directory on your server (listed in the path above) and try to access it from the admin again.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    If you try to run the query from phpmyadmin (which I don't recommend), just make sure you add any databsae prefix to all sections that are referenced to be added. When using the SQL patch tool in the Zen Cart admin, this is done automatically for you.

SELECT * FROM `configuration` WHERE configuration_key like '%google%'

Then look for the configuration_group_id. This is the number to use after gID=
    How exactly should I run it from admin panel, what do I type and where will i get the gID? I tried copying and pasting the query into the sql patch tool but didn't get an ID.

I have a feeling the sql installer isn't installing what needs to be installed. I've run the query from myphpadmin and I keep getting errors...so frusterating how I can't get this to work.

Plugin Contributions

In the instructions it says:
    Make sure your body tag in /includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php
    includes this code
    But the template I'm using doesn't have that file. All I've got in that directory is:
    html_header.php,
    tpl_box_default_left.php,
    tpl_box_default_right.php,
    tpl_columnar_display.php,
    tpl_drop_menu.php,
    tpl_header.php,
    tpl_footer.php.

Which should I add the code to?

Plugin Contributions

If your template does not have it, you need to copy that from the template_default directory into your custom template directory. Once you have it in that location, add the code referenced on the install.

Eric

Plugin Contributions

The SQL query you referenced in this post should be run from a tool like phpmyadmin (all others in the install package should be run by copy and pasting them into the SQL Patch tool within your Zen Cart admin (under "Tools" menu.). All the query you listed is used for is to get your "id" that needs to be plugged into the proper location in the file referenced in my original post.

This query does not do anything in the way of installing the mod. You already ran that one earlier (you said) and that should be complete.

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    This query does not do anything in the way of installing the mod. You already ran that one earlier (you said) and that should be complete.
    That's the thing. I've run the sql install multiple times, old and new. I don't see the Google Analytics menu option in my config, so I try to run the query in myPHPadmin and I get the error I posted above. It seems to be looking for something that's not there, so it makes me think that the sql install hasn't done anything? So I try to manually get the gID to register it in the admin, but I can't get it since the query turns up no information, so where do I go from here?