Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Internet Explorer 5.0/Cart Issues

I've had an awful lot of people who don't update their browsers complaining that they can't add items to their shopping cart... When I go back and use Explorer 5, I am getting the same message when I try to add to cart "You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server" My permissions on the index.php are fine, what may be going wrong here?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internet Explorer/Cart Issues

1. What version of Zen Cart are you using.
    2. Who are you hosted with?
    3. What operating system is your webhost running?
    4. What version of PHP is it using?
    5. What is the URL to the site?
    6. Which browsers have you tried accessing with?
    7. What mods/addons do you have installed on your site?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ZC v 1.3.0.1
    Surpass Domains
    Linux
    Php v 4.4.3
    www.beckysbeads.com
    Mac based: Safari 2.0.4 (works); Firefox v 2 (works); Netscape v 7.2 (works);
    PC based: Explorer 6 (worked remotely via BroswerCam)

Mac/PC Explorer v 5 does not work. I'm not sure what other browsers these people may have been using.

(I don't really want to have to say to everyone "update your browsers if you want to shop on my site") I'm REALLY hoping it isn't the browser but something i have done wrong and can fix.

The problem may have been that last week I swtiched my site from a sub-domain to the main url. I've been getting several complaints a day about the shopping cart not working correctly since then...

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

OH... extra modules are:

Database backup - MySQL
    Google XML Sitemap

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mouskins View Post
    The problem may have been that last week I swtiched my site from a sub-domain to the main url. I've been getting several complaints a day about the shopping cart not working correctly since then...
    What EXACTLY did you do to accomplish this?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I backed up my database using the MySQL function (through both surpass and the module to make sure it was safe). I copied all of the website files to my desktop, Then I downloaded (the same version) and re-installed the zen cart files from scratch in the main public-html area. Then I copied over all but the 2 configure files. Then I added the database back in using the MySQL module. (I don't think I did anything else out of the ordinary.) Everything seems to be working otherwise all of on the browsers I have, except for Explorer 5. My sister is on XP (not sure which version of Explorer) and can not access the site at all now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You mentioned browsercam.
    I just tested using browsercam, and found:
    - IE 6 works fine on PC, XP and 2000
    - IE 5.0 works fine on PC
    - IE 5.0 does not work on Mac ... for your site

- IE 5.0 *does* work fine for other Zen Cart sites.

Is your sister bookmarked to an old URL ?

Do you have access to your server's errorlog ? It would be useful to know what it's reporting when the error occurs.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Someone else had a similar problem:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50227

Plugin Contributions

She said she was typing it in directly. I had her clear her cache and history and still nothing. Some of my customers that couldn't access the site switched browsers and got through OK.

The error log is showing this:

[Thu Dec 14 14:23:23 2006] [error] [client 12.111.211.122] File does not exist: /home/mouskins/public_html/403.shtml

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

403 = "forbidden" ... which is at least consistent with the error message seen in the browser.

Are any of these folks trying to access your site using SSL ? (ie: https:// address)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast