Plugin Contributions

help question Upgrading from 1.3.0 to 1.3.6

A few questions:
    Do you need to upgrade every patch between the base install and the latest version? Or will the new version contain all previous patchs?

I noticed someone replied to another newbies question regarding changes to the .php files or changes in general when upgrading will have to be remembered in order to get the store back to how it looks?

Is this true? Because I had a friend, through much hemming and hawwing final help me and he made the site down to a bare minimum and has certain things I requested like when the cart is empty make it go to web sites home page. The only thing we show of zencart really is the shopping cart, nothing else. So I am thinking why would an upgrade cause all this work to be reverted.. and how can we "keep" what hard work we have put into it when and if we upgrade. My client has over 100 items in the database.

If I "backup" the store, can I just drag and drop the database back in or is that looking at things too simply?

HELP - thanks,

RAD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading from 1.3.0 to 1.3.6

If you used the override system to make all of the changes to the shop then upgrading should be easy. If you have changed core files, then you have a painstaking job of merging all of the changes into the php.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.