Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default meta tags and title descriptions for EZpages and other pages

Hi.

How do I add the metatags and title tags to the pages created on EZPages? Also for the main page nd the other pages in the Define pages editor.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: meta tags and title descriptions for EZpages and other pages

bump?? or this can't be done?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is no built-in facility for this at the present time.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

hi. thanks for the reply. so is there a workaround for this? even manually putting them? but I don't know where to find the files and the <head></head>. Can someone point me to the correct direction?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

You don't understand - the pages are created dynamically when someone clicks the link to them. The Page doesn't exist until then, there is no way to "manually" add them.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

ok i got that....so if i were to try to create a mod for this, where do i start? :) noob at zen structure :)

Plugin Contributions

Just thought I'd join in with this one, as I need to be able to add meta tags, etc to EZpages, too. Does anyone have a mod for this? :-)

Plugin Contributions

I agree - this feature is badly needed. My mind is getting warped trying to figure out where meta tags are coming from and where they can be edited.

I've edited my meta_tags.php file but I'm not getting the results I require. There should be a feature for adding metatags to pages like you can for categories and products.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: meta tags and title descriptions for EZpages and other pages

If each ezpage has it own id number why couldn't you put a section in the header like this.

If $id=1 {
    include ('metatagspage1.php' );
    }

and so on. The id numbers are passed in the url and should be passed to the script??

You would have to specify which directory the metagspage1.php was in. Directory structure when it comes to the ezpages may be tricker to figure out.

Does this sound reasonable??

C

Plugin Contributions

I can see where you're going, but doesn't that veer away from the convenience of setting up pages through the Admin section.

Would these metatags pages have to be hard-coded separately?

If that's so, it wouldn't be feasible for Joe Public with no programming knowledge to add, edit and delete content through EZPages without having to change these metatags pages, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, which knowing me is highly likely!

I've got Admin to add title, description and keywords on adding and editing EZPages. It's just getting the meta-tags file to pull up the correct info when displaying them I can't get my head around.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast