Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: meta tags and title descriptions for EZpages and other pages

Mark, thanks for the detailed description. I've got a bunch of stuff going on right now, but I should be able to find that solution within the next couple of days.

Plugin Contributions

@haredo, I've looked at the EZ pages' processing and it appears that the "External Link URL" is formatted as a direct-link to the content, bypassing any Zen-Cart processing. That's why the meta-tags don't show, even though the HTML content is present on your site.

Having the HTML content as part of the EZ-page's definition and using the internal-link construct still results in the page being created by the Zen Cart processing and, thus, the meta tags show in that example.

I'll make a note to update the plugin's readme to advise of this scenario.

Plugin Contributions

Just a quick comment on this - installed as per instructions - everything did work apart from the EZpage page then contained no content - ie the HTML Content section was blank

Now this was for a ZC154 shop and so I wonder if the ZC155 was the issue so looking at the changes that I made this was the culprit

circa #295 I saw that the "updateObjectInfo" was different - so changed it - in error seemingly! Once changed back it worked perfectly
    PHP Code:
          $page_query "select * from " TABLE_EZPAGES " where pages_id = '" . (int)$_GET['ezID'] . "'";

$page $db->Execute($page_query);

$ezInfo->updateObjectInfo($_POST);
        } elseif (
    zen_not_null($_POST)) {

$ezInfo->updateObjectInfo($_POST);
        } 
    whereas I needed to leave it as
    PHP Code:
          $page_query "select * from " TABLE_EZPAGES " where pages_id = '" . (int)$_GET['ezID'] . "'";

$page $db->Execute($page_query);

$ezInfo->objectInfo($page->fields);
        } elseif (
    zen_not_null($_POST)) {

$ezInfo->objectInfo($_POST);
        } 
    just in case anyone else made my error - I believe this is only because of ZC154 vs ZC155 nothing whatsoever to do with plugin :)

thank you
    Sarah

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys,

I installed the plug in, all seems to work except the CEON URI mapping doesn't generate the ez page URI. The ex page has the meta tags I inserted but the URI still looks like this: http://www.domain.ro/index.php?main_page=page&id=16. When I thick the auto generate URI box and create the EZ page the Admin says that the URI is created, but in fact it isn't.

Is there somenthing that i've done wrong? There is a line in ezpages.php of the plugin (zen_record_admin_activity('EZ-Page with ID ' . (int)$pages_id . ' deleted.', 'notice');) that pointed to overwrite the CEON URI bolded line. I didn't overwrite the line i just put right it after:

// BEGIN CEON URI MAPPING 2 of 4
    require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'class.CeonURIMappingAdminEZPagePages.php');

$ceon_uri_mapping_admin = new CeonURIMappingAdminEZPagePages();

$ceon_uri_mapping_admin->deleteConfirmHandler($pages_id);

// END CEON URI MAPPING 2 of 4

There was no other issue except this one when installing the plug.

Thank You!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Cindy - I have had trouble installing this on 1.5.6b - are there any conflicts that you are aware of? Following the install instructions I get a blank page, admin/tools/ezpages.php

cheers,
    Mike

not your problem by any means - just frustrated and venting - I cannot understand why in 2019 this meta tags function is not incorporated rather than being a plugin that needs continual updating ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi Cindy - I have had trouble installing this on 1.5.6b - are there any conflicts that you are aware of? Following the install instructions I get a blank page, admin/tools/ezpages.php

cheers,
    Mike

not your problem by any means - just frustrated and venting - I cannot understand why in 2019 this meta tags function is not incorporated rather than being a plugin that needs continual updating ?
    Mike, any whitescreen based on the plugin's installation is most likely due to the changes made in zc156 to make EZ-Pages multi-lingual.

Plugin Contributions

im getting white screen of death also. Advice?

Plugin Contributions

Restoring admin/ezpages.php got rid of the white screen but no meta tags. Anyone going to update this plugin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    Restoring admin/ezpages.php got rid of the white screen but no meta tags. Anyone going to update this plugin?
    Ah, yes. The Multi-lingual EZ-pages introduced in zc156 is going to (as you've noted) break this processing.

You can follow the updates on the plugin's GitHub repository: https://github.com/lat9/ezpages_metatags

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Ah, yes. The Multi-lingual EZ-pages introduced in zc156 is going to (as you've noted) break this processing.

You can follow the updates on the plugin's GitHub repository: https://github.com/lat9/ezpages_metatags

Yeh that was a waste of my time.....last updated 3 years ago. I don't recommend others go there for news.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast