Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: meta tags and title descriptions for EZpages and other pages

Quote Originally Posted by webworkshop View Post
    I can see where you're going, but doesn't that veer away from the convenience of setting up pages through the Admin section.

Would these metatags pages have to be hard-coded separately?

If that's so, it wouldn't be feasible for Joe Public with no programming knowledge to add, edit and delete content through EZPages without having to change these metatags pages, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, which knowing me is highly likely!

I've got Admin to add title, description and keywords on adding and editing EZPages. It's just getting the meta-tags file to pull up the correct info when displaying them I can't get my head around.
    If you can identify the database the data is stored in then call in the data to the particular page using if $id=1 etc and write the database calls inside the
    { } area for so if you have six extra pages you would have calls to the database
    and specific table and then code similar to this

if ($id==1){
    echo '<meta name="keywords" content="';
    echo $row[keywords];
    echo '">/n/n';
    echo '<meta name="description" conent="';
    echo $row[description];
    echo '">/n/n';
    echo '<title>';
    echo $row[title]';
    echo '</title>';
    }

repeat for all other $id=whatever same code

different id is generated for each ezpage so this should not be hard to figure out. I have not checked out the database to see what table this information is in and if it is all in the same table.

}

C

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: meta tags and title descriptions for EZpages and other pages

I see the case sections in the meta file in the modules yourdirectory and wonder how to use case with ezpage and also the id number since all ezpages have unique id numbers. The chapter numbers can be the same by id is unique.

Does anyone know how to relate the ezpage and id number in a case statement.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: meta tags and title descriptions for EZpages and other pages

Hi

I realy need help in this issue, i post before and no one ever responed to me

the issue i have is that some how my meta tag pick up my catagories list , only after that i see my keyword, i try adding changing or deleting all my keyword, but still it dose pick up my catagories,
    i use the catgories meta fuction , and even if i will not used the catagories meta tag , it still show on the meta tag

( I am checking my meta tag with this site http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ )

please responed ,

Thankk You in Advance

web site
    www.tiledepot.us/store

you can also email me thru the site

Plugin Contributions

Motti,

Try searching all pages in the zencart files for the word categories, and find where there's an Include categorys tag in the php files.

I'm not sure where it is.

Plugin Contributions

cshart,

I love hearing how easy it should be to do something like this, but everytime I try doing something that shouldn't be hard to do I always end up coming in here with a big,

However this is something I would really like to have since I write articles about my business.

One thought I had was to simply create a html version of my home page and use the middle for the articles with some boxes being pulled from the db.

But if I can get some metatags dynamicly then that would be good. So I'll take on this little project and see if I can make it a contribution.

I don't think the metatags for easypages exist yet, so I imagine I'll have to create the fields.

Plugin Contributions

I also needed meta tags for my content, and found a great solution in creating custom pages. Not so easy as EZPages but very functional.

First download the About Us Page contribution: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=182

and modify it for your particular page.

Then go into /includes/modules/your_template_dir/meta_tags.php and add your customized metatags, as this thread explains:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51891

It works great!

Plugin Contributions

Hi again,

Looking through some of the suggestions that have been made here, they are certainly inventive and would do the job to varying extents.

Here comes the "however"...however, they still don't allow for being able to set up a shop then hand it over to the store owner with them being able to create and delete ezPages content with associated tags solely through Admin, with no delving into the php.

Is this something that the fine Zen Cart team could consider for a future release?

Plugin Contributions

Webworkshop, ditto.
    Having been online for 8 years selling, I have learnt enough about how to make a website make money to make a good living. The answer is simple:
    Most traffic comes from search engines.
    To get that you need control of you meta title, description, page content, anchor text and url.
    Zen cart does nearly all of this, but the EZpages meta is one area it falls down on badly.

Anyone up for a mod? You could charge for installation too?
    Rupert
    EshopOne Just being Zenned :)
    Mens Suits to follow....
    Ladies Suits to follow....
    Mods: Version 1.3.7 SEO URLs, Super orders; PFD Order Centre, Securetrading payment gateway;Big Royal Mail; Image handler; Zen Lightbox

Plugin Contributions

It's a hack, but posts in this thread may help.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=13

Select the 'thread' link in the top right of the post to see the whole thread.

Plugin Contributions

Peekay,
    Thx :) Very Nice.
    does most of the trick, do you think it will work with titles as well?
    Rupert
    EshopOne Just being Zenned :)
    Mens Suits to follow....
    Ladies Suits to follow....
    Mods: Version 1.3.7 SEO URLs, Super orders; PFD Order Centre, Securetrading payment gateway;Big Royal Mail; Image handler; Zen Lightbox

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast