Plugin Contributions

Default Canada post error 65???

My ISP isn't blocking port3000 and I'm still getting 'error 65 no route to host' when testing checkout, anybody know why?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada post error 65???

"No route to host" means that it cannot find the CP server.

This could be caused by any of:
    - port number is wrong (should be 30000) ... (not 3000)
    - IP address entered incorrectly
    - firewall isn't open BIdirectionally to allow both IN and OUTbound communications on that port ... TCP/UDP.
    - host server has PHP settings for fopenwrappers disabled from allowing external communications

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I am having SERIOUS typo issues lately. I did mean port 30000.
    I believe the IP is right 206.191.4.228 (test server)
    I have NO idea what these mean, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    - firewall isn't open BIdirectionally to allow both IN and OUTbound communications on that port ... TCP/UDP.
    - host server has PHP settings for fopenwrappers disabled from allowing external communications
    But, I did check my firewall and added the CP test server IP to my allow list.
    Is the first one something I ask my ISP? and the second my hosting provider?

Thanks,
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's been awhile since I tested the module, but I know that other shipping services that have both test and production servers often don't fare well with the testing server. You're better off to call them and ask to have your account switched to the Production server, and then use the Production IP address to do your testing.
    Is the first one something I ask my ISP? and the second my hosting provider?
    BOTH are questions for your hosting provider. Your ISP and your PC and/or router are unrelated. These are all part of the webserver network stuff.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So this is what my hosting co. sent me...

Sorry to inform you but we can not open such port for clients application all the setting are fixed on servers we can not change the setting .You will have to manage it through available port on our servers.

Does that mean I'm screwed for the CP module?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If they will not open the port, then you will not be able to offer live quotes via CP.
    How much do you have invested in this hosting company ? Perhaps one of our certified hosts may be an attractive choice -- see "hosting" link at top of this page.

Plugin Contributions

I just started with these guys, only signed up for 3 months so I could 'check them out' so, I will check out the hosting links here, thanks!
    Lisa

Plugin Contributions

If you read between the lines of what they are saying, it sounds like they are a reseller and just don't have access to the firewall configuration :)

Plugin Contributions

We are currently managing 2 Zen-Cart sites using the Canada Post shipping module and both sites have been experiencing problems contacting the CP server off and on over the last two weeks.

We have checked server configuration (as we provide managed hosting) as well as contacting Canada Post on several occasions and, regardless of what we are told, the problem seems to return off and on.

One thing I was told by Canada Post is to use: http://sellonline.canadapost.ca instead of the IP number, but this has no effect and we have returned to using the IP number...which did work for a while (I did ask if they had changed their servers recently and the person I spoke with didn't know).

In your case, it sounds like your hosting providers may also be an issue to address, but I do wonder if Canada Post has been experiencing problems with their servers....(the holiday rush?)

Regards.
    Think Green, Be Green: The Healthy Alternative, for now and for the future.
    www.ThinkGreenStore.com