Australia
    Austria
    Canada
    Germany
    Palau (1)
    Spain
    Switzerland
    United States

I'm unsure if this was previously reported but I observe in Zen Cart 1.36, that if I choose a country (via the country drop down menu) on the ship estimator pop-up, the state drop down list is not "auto" re-populated as expected (unless the update button is clicked... which is the same behavior as in previous versions... it is not "auto").

(Of course, if the user is a guest, the state dropdown is "initially" populated for the shop's default country. And if logged in the pop-up estimator auto displays the accounts primary address, with no opportunity to change to a different address).

I understood the state "auto" population function was rewritten and implemented in Zen Cart 1.36 for ALL address entry forms, including the pop-up estimator? Indeed I do observe the state auto populate indeed works on the other pages (create account or address book related pages) without having to click an update button.

And after I first installed Zen Cart 1.36 (fresh install) I thought I had successfully tested the state auto-populate function on the shipping estimator pop-up. But it is not working now.

Anyone else observe the same? And/or anyone with a suggested fix?

Or should I post "instructions" on the pop-up such as follows:
    After selecting your country please click "Update". Then choose from the list of states/provinces. If the state/province only displays "Please select" with no other options to choose from, then the shipping estimator is not available for you location, that is, while you are not logged in.

Instead, to obtain shipping options/rates please create an account or login. Then when you return to the shipping estimator, shipping methods and rates applicable to your location will be listed.

For more info regards to shipping options and policies please close this pop-up and click the "Shipping" link in the "Information" sidebox located in the left column.
    Or something to that effect?

On a related note a_berezin's State Auto Selector (ajax based) worked well in Zen Cart 1.302, even on the shipping estimator pop-up. But I was never able to make it work correctly yon Zen Cart 1.36.

P.S. Oops now I see the subject of this thread is "state selection check ON REGISTRATION". And the state selection on pop-up estimator is not the same issue. So maybe move this post to a relevant thread? Thanks.

Woody
    Last edited by Kim; 19 Dec 2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: removed irrelevant headline

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: State Selection in Shipping Estimator

Thanks for moving this post to a thread of it's own and for changing subject line. ;-)

Can anyone confirm if ZC 1.36 implemented the state auto populate in the pop-up ship estimator? I certainly do understand supporting auto-populate in the ship estimator would be much more complex undertaking versus supporting for registration and address book pages. And since the shipping estimator is not a nearly often accessed feature, supporting auto-populate in the pop-up would not be a high priority.

Just need to know if issue is with my installation/configuration or if issue is because ZC 1.36 does not support so I can quit troubleshooting this ;-)

And if anyone has been able to implement andrew's state auto selector in 1.36 please do post. See: http://zen-cart.spb.ru/freedownload....lector_1_3.zip

Thanks,
    Woody

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The shipping estimator was not updated for automated dependent field updates in 1.3.6.
    It may be addressed in an upcoming release.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The shipping estimator was not updated for automated dependent field updates in 1.3.6.
    Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It may be addressed in an upcoming release.
    Cool.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Built-in to v1.3.7

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.