Plugin Contributions

Default State problem with new account (when making state field not required)

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 1.3.6 in hopes that it would help with a problem I've been having but it has not. Here's the problem:

In admin I have the state minimum value set to nothing, state display as dropdown set to false (although I would rather have the state displayed as a dropdown ultimately - I'm doing it this way now to try to eliminate or isolate the problem).

When I create a new account and do not fill in the state (since it is not required), an error message appears that the state dropdown was not filled and now the dropdown box does appear on the form and is required to be filled in before the account is created.

If I do fill in the non-required state (regular text field), everything is fine and the account is created.

I just don't see where to change this behavior except to just give in and make the state required to create an account.

??

Ellie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: State problem with new account

I had the same issue. My`zones`table only has the States, Territories, and possessions. I removed all other countries.

I remarked some code in the file tpl_modules_create_account.php starting at line 93 through 103. That fixed the issue for me.

<!-- <?php if ($flag_show_pulldown_states == true) { ?>
    <br class="clearBoth" id="stBreak" />
    <?php } ?>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="state" id="stateLabel"><?php echo $state_field_label; ?></label>
    <?php
    echo zen_draw_input_field('state', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_state', '40') . ' id="state"');
    if (zen_not_null(ENTRY_STATE_TEXT)) echo '&nbsp;<span class="alert" id="stText">' . ENTRY_STATE_TEXT . '</span>';
    if ($flag_show_pulldown_states == false) {
    echo zen_draw_hidden_field('zone_id', $zone_name, ' ');
    }
    ?> -->

Good luck.

ps
    use the template system. Do not modify the file in the default template folder.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: State problem with new account (when making state field not required)

If you don't require the state, then you end up with little or no support for zones, typically used for taxation and shipping purposes.

What country is your store in ? Where are most of your customers?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: State problem with new account (when making state field not required)

I can see there is a serious flaw in my fix. Although it works for me and the state does show, I dont know why. Yet....Time to start from scratch and build up.

Plugin Contributions

earmsby,

I would like to see if my issue resembles your issue. If you would, please post your store url. Based on my deleting files in my template one by one, the issue disappeared when deleting a css file. I think the problem is in one of the CSS files.

Plugin Contributions

Found it. Make sure the code below is in one of your templete css files.

.hiddenField {
    display: none;
    }
    .visibleField {
    display: inline;
    }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you don't require the state, then you end up with little or no support for zones, typically used for taxation and shipping purposes.

What country is your store in ? Where are most of your customers?
    I see. Well, I was hoping to not make the address info required until they actually buy something. But maybe I'll just go ahead and require the address info up front since most people will probably create their account when they're buying something anyway.

Thanks for your explaination.

Ellie

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte -

I'm having the same issue and definitely don't want to disable zones -

We have about 50% international, 50% in the US. It's been a very big problem - abandoned carts and tons of emails from people that can't get past the city field.

Is there a fix for this as of yet?

Thanks!
    Michelle

Plugin Contributions

I know I am not Dr Byte but...
    In a temporary folder Please try a fresh / clean install of 1.3.7 without any other downloads or changes. I am sure you will find the program to work properly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stagebrace View Post
    I know I am not Dr Byte but...
    In a temporary folder Please try a fresh / clean install of 1.3.7 without any other downloads or changes. I am sure you will find the program to work properly.
    I get the same problem, look:

Can anyone help me to resolve this, customers are being informed we do not deliver to your location.
    I think this may have something to do with the state part of the signup page:
    The Country fiels is ok but the state part only shows the UK?

See below can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Adam.

Address DetailsMr.Ms.*
    First Name: *
    Last Name: *
    Street Address: *
    Address Line 2:
    City: *
    State/Province: Please select ...UK *
    Post/Zip Code: *
    Country: Please Choose Your Country Afghanistan Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegowina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Cook Islands Costa Rica Cote D'Ivoire Croatia Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic East Timor Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France France, Metropolitan French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guinea Guinea-bissau Guyana Haiti Heard and Mc Donald Islands Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran (Islamic Republic of) Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libyan Arab Jamahiriya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macau Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Slovakia (Slovak Republic) Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands Spain Sri Lanka St. Helena St. Pierre and Miquelon Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican City State (Holy See) Venezuela Viet Nam Virgin Islands (British) Virgin Islands (U.S.) Wallis and Futuna Islands Western Sahara Yemen Yugoslavia Zaire Zambia Zimbabwe *[/QUOTE]

This is what our customers see, this is an address outside of the UK

(Test Account)
    102 highfield rd
    kettering
    Northamptonshire, NN1 56HY
    Ukraine

Your order will be shipped to the address at the left or you may change the shipping address by clicking the Change Address button.

Not Available At This Time
    Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
    Please contact us for alternate arrangements.