Plugin Contributions

Default Installing (pre-prepared) Templates

Greetings from a brand-new Zenner, and 1st apologies for asking a question that has probably been asked and answered a thousand times... but, I have searched the Wiki and the forum to the point of pure frustration!

Simply stated, I cannot find how to install templates that I have downloaded! All the information I've found relates more to creating a new template or modifying an existing... I would just like to install!

Would truly be grateful to anyone that could point me in the right direction :)

Regards

RS

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing (pre-prepared) Templates

IF the template is configured correct you can just upload into zen using the same structure that zen is laid out in,
    If your template folder starts with includes then upload it accordingly
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Merlinpa, I think I have pretty much done that -I'm trying to install the tabbedproductslite_v3.8 at present. The files are all copied across, have yet to do the SQL update; at the moment I am struggling with one instruction from the readme.html:

File Modifications: Only if you need to merge your template file

This is a new install, so I assume I do need to merge some file with some other file... I just don't know which files I am supposed to merge! I have WinMerge installed here ready to do the job as soon as I know which need to be done!

So far none of my attempts have resulted in this template showing in my template options page in the admin back-end -I'm stumped!

Plugin Contributions

Just in an attempt to progress things a little, I have tried to run the TabbedProducts_v3.8_Full.sql as included in the zip file of the template, using both methods available to me. In both cases the response was:

1146 Table 'xxxxxx_zencart.configuration_group' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT @gid := configuration_group_id FROM configuration_group where configuration_group_title LIKE 'Tabbed Products Config';]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Once again< i don't know what to do to progress this..