Plugin Contributions

Default 1.2.6 to 1.3.6 entire new store-database issues?

Instead of upgrading I decided to build a new store with the 1.3.6 version. I have backed up my database, created a new one and am trying to upload the old database into the new one so I can run the upgrades. phpMyAdmin will not let me upload the backup of my zencart database (maybe a size problem? It will only allow a Max: 2,048KB file to be upload and my database backup is 88.6 mg). It times out no matter what I try. Is there another way to get the backup of the old database to the new database so I can complete this upgrade? I am just about out of patience with this and since my current 1.2.6 store is having major major paypal issues (timing out/kicking customers off) I need to get this resolved quickly! Any suggestions?

Right now I'm all for a fix for the 1.2.6 PayPal problem to get me through! lol

Thanks a bunch
    Stephanie
    http://www.HeartStringsEmbroidery.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.2.6 to 1.3.6 entire new store-database issues?

You could speak to your hosting site about increasing the size of the upload file ...

Or, you could load it in logical partial files by breaking your backup of the sql into several peices ...

Or, if you have Telnet access this can be loaded with a mysql command after you upload your sql file via FTP to a directory so that you can load it manually ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Or, if you have Telnet access this can be loaded with a mysql command after you upload your sql file via FTP to a directory so that you can load it manually ...
    Ok, this is where you lost me! lol I wrote to my server about it but don't expect a reply until after the new year. Breaking the file down would require something like 40 files and databases intimidate me just a bit! lol I'm scared I'll hurt something. There is a box there for a query but I don't even know what that means! My server said something about cut & paste into that box but I have no clue what that means either.
    Thanks,
    Stephanie

Plugin Contributions

With the size of your file ... you are really better off having your hosting site fix the settings to a more reasonable size ...

2048 is hardly enough to run an ecommerce site ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I communicated with my server my problem and frustration and they are getting it fixed up for me, they are going to copy the old one into the new one so I can run the upgrades. I do have a backup of my database just in case (bite my tongue! lol). Hopefully it will be soon so I can get a working store again.

What was/is the problem with paypal and 1.2.6 or am I just lucky? lol

Thanks, Stephanie

Plugin Contributions

Some had problems and others did not ... so luck is with you ...

The upgrade to v1.3.7 will be a good move for this and other problems on bugfixes, security issues and a wealth of new features ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'm gonna bang my head against the keyboard - if I didn't already have a massive headache.

I saw that a new version was available so I deleted 1.3.6 and installed 1.3.7 not realizing that my server had upgraded my database for me. SOOO in short, I overwrote the database that I waited a week for them to upgrade (holidays made things really slow). Now I'm back at square 1 waiting on them.

Oh my aching head....

Plugin Contributions

Why are you having to wait on your host? Don't you have access to your database via your control panel or phpMyAdmin?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I do, but apparently size does matter lol The current version of MyPHPAdmin will not let me upload the backup of my database due to size restrictions. It only allows a 2 KB file and my database is 90 MG. I didn't try the File Manager under my admin panel but when I tried to upload via FTP I was told I do not have access to that 'protected' area. I've gotten so frustrated with this whole process and I know most of it is user error or stupidity, not sure which ...

They wrote and said it would be done for me tonight. I'm wondering what I can screw up tomorrow ... :)

Plugin Contributions

Your hosting site controls the size of the files that phpMyAdmin allows ...

Perhaps you could ask them to either increase this size or give you Telnet access to your site ...
    Linda McGrath