Plugin Contributions

Default Creating Manufacturers Description V1.50 how to load HTML Editor

Hi,
    i have created Manufacturers Description for V1.50 and just need to find out how to properly load the html editor,

at the minute i am just loading it using the following code in admin/manufacturers.php

PHP Code:
    include('includes/ckeditor.php'); 
    this works but is not the proper way to load it as if i turn off html editor it still loads or if a different editor was used it wont be right

i am editing /admin/manufacturers.php to insert the code for my manufacturers description

Name:  manufacturer-description.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  20.3 KB

any help appreciated

thanks
    Bryan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating Manufacturers Description V1.50 how to load HTML Editor

You can see examples of the editor code implementation in the many other files that use it, such as mail.php and define_pages_editor.php and ezpages.php and collect_info.php and many more.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i do see some stuff but dont understand it

any other clues

thanks
    Bryan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There are two parts to it: displaying the pulldown menu for selecting editors, and then the actual textarea fields.

Displaying the pulldown is simple. If I recall correctly it's just a handful of lines of code to display that. Copy and paste.

As for the textarea fields, what you're attempting to do is very different from any other implementation of the editor, since yours is all in a sidebox and not in the main page content section ... so there might be some hurdles there. Haven't tried it myself.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks

so there would be a separate drop down on the actual page rather than if someone has html editor selected under configuration - my store - html editor it defaults to this choice

i have the text field part all working ok as long as i use
    PHP Code:
    include('includes/ckeditor.php'); 

thanks
    Bryan
    Last edited by bn17311; 10 Jan 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The pulldown on the page will allow them to change the editor used on that page, instead of forcing them to only use the one selected in the configuration menu.