Thread: MSRP contrib

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MSRP contrib

So I have *eek*

I will get to work this asap on correcting. I have also just noticed that it is creating a few myDEBUG files too. Thanks for the heads up.
    Any chance you can remove it from the downloads area? Wouldn't want to be responsible for fooling people into thinking this add-on is 1.5 OKAY, and I'll submit a corrected version.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ray-the-otter View Post
    Any chance you can remove it from the downloads area? Wouldn't want to be responsible for fooling people into thinking this add-on is 1.5 OKAY, and I'll submit a corrected version.
    The 1.5 version has been disabled.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

OK, I must be missing something here and it may have been already answered in the 30+ pages.

I have installed this MOD. I am right at the beginning; where do you, "...add a new field to the products table to hold the MRSP value..."

If it is the SQL file, how do I do this?

I have had a brain dump

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    OK, I must be missing something here and it may have been already answered in the 30+ pages.

I have installed this MOD. I am right at the beginning; where do you, "...add a new field to the products table to hold the MRSP value..."

If it is the SQL file, how do I do this?

I have had a brain dump
    It's in the install text. Add this line in the admin/tools/install sql patches.

PHP Code:
    ALTER TABLE products ADD  `products_msrpDECIMAL15NOT NULL AFTER  `products_price` ; 
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Confirmed working mods in Zen Cart 1.5

Please find attached my attempt at upgrading MSRP for Zen Cart 1.5. msrp-display_for_1.5.zip

Following That Software Guy's instructions and his gentile push to not give up, I have tried to not mess this attempt up.
    I have also added 'uninstall' instructions to the read me,

I have tested on a live webspace, and this one thankfully no longer produces any myDebug files. I would be grateful if people could download and test and give feedback if it's upgrade has been done properly this time. To save wasting the time of the ZC admins in reviewing before submission, if no one comes back to me by the end of the week with any errors I will then formally upload to the downloads section. Unless a ZC admin thinks it is fine to just go ahead and upload for me. Thanks.

(N.B. I have left the 'classic' name in the template section. I forgot to rename it YOUR_TEMPLATE - oops, bug 1 found)
    Last edited by ray-the-otter; 11 Jun 2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: bug

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kitcorsa View Post
    Retail Price: £449.99
    You save: £100.00 (27%)
    Our Price: £329.99

can you spot the error above??

post this a while ago and still no fix... any help??
    Spotted this problem throughout the thread... This was something I also was having difficulty figuring out. This is the fix I can up with:

Around line #294 you'll find this snippet of code:
    Code:
    if ($display_normal_price == 0) {
          // don't show the $0.00
    	  if(($display_msrp_price!='')&&($display_msrp_price!='0')){
    	  $save=$display_msrp_price-$display_normal_price;
          	$final_display_price = '<span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_price, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($save, '').'&nbsp;&nbsp;('. number_format((($display_msrp_price -  $display_normal_price) / $display_msrp_price), 2, '.', '') * 100 . '%)'.'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
    	  }else{
    	  	$final_display_price = $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount;
    	  }
        } else {
          	$final_display_price = '<span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_price, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($save, '').'&nbsp;&nbsp;('. number_format((($display_msrp_price -  $display_normal_price) / $display_msrp_price), 2, '.', '') * 100 . '%)'.'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_normal_price . $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
    	  }else{
    	  	$final_display_price = $show_normal_price . $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount;
    	  }
        }
    Alter the 2 lines in blue (note the section in red, which adds the tax to the saving):
    Code:
    if ($display_normal_price == 0) {
          // don't show the $0.00
          	$final_display_price = '<span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_price, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($save, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'&nbsp;&nbsp;('. number_format((($display_msrp_price -  $display_normal_price) / $display_msrp_price), 2, '.', '') * 100 . '%)'.'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
    	  }else{
    	  	$final_display_price = $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount;
    	  }
        } else {
          	$final_display_price = '<span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_price, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($save, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'&nbsp;&nbsp;('. number_format((($display_msrp_price -  $display_normal_price) / $display_msrp_price), 2, '.', '') * 100 . '%)'.'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_normal_price . $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
    	  }else{
    	  	$final_display_price = $show_normal_price . $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount;
    	  }
        }
    Hoping this assists those who encountered this problem :)

- Tija

Plugin Contributions

So, now I have a problem of my own, peoples, which I have yet to figure out...

I'm looking to get the 'You save' section to show the total saving, including any sales or specials, if any, rather than only the difference between MSRP and price.

e.g.
    MSRP: $50
    You save: $5
    Our price: $45
    Special: $40
    Sale: $35

The 'You save' should read $15.

This is what I have so far (the coding is still a bit messy):
    PHP Code:
        if ($display_normal_price == 0) {

// don't show the $0.00

$final_display_price 'RRP: <span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_pricezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($savezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_special_price $show_sale_price $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
          }else{

$final_display_price $show_special_price $show_sale_price $show_sale_discount;
          }
        } else {
         if((
    $display_msrp_price!='')&&($display_msrp_price!='0')){
        if (
    $display_special_price) {

$save=$display_msrp_price-$display_special_price;

$final_display_price 'RRP: <span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_pricezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_normal_price $show_special_price $show_sale_price .'</span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($savezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span>' ;
        } elseif (
    $display_sale_price) {

$save=$display_msrp_price-$display_sale_price;

$final_display_price 'RRP: <span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_pricezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($savezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_normal_price $show_special_price $show_sale_price $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
        } elseif (
    $display_normal_price) {

$final_display_price 'RRP: <span class="smalltext1"><s>'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP.$currencies->display_price($display_msrp_pricezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span><br><span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE .$currencies->display_price($savezen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_normal_price $show_special_price $show_sale_price $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
          }else{

$final_display_price $show_normal_price $show_special_price $show_sale_price $show_sale_discount;
        }
        }
        } 
    This almost works -- the 'You save' shows the correct amount, including any sales or specials (as in example above). The only problem I have (which, I might add, is pretty serious) is that all other prices without MSRP are missing. They're blank -- they are reading no pricing at all. Those with attributes show the 'Starting at' wording, but nothing else.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter... I've been at it for two days now and haven't proceeded.

Thanks in advance,
    Tija

Plugin Contributions

I've gone through the thread and only saw one person ask this with no reply so here it goes again...

How do you show the price you are selling at on the listings pages (list of items in the category on the front end) and only show the MSRP and Save and Price on the actual item page only? I'm trying to prevent too much clutter with the MSRP/SAVE/PRICE on the listings of items.

Plugin Contributions

I am having an issue on ZC 1.5 where if Price and MSRP are the same, it still shows:

MSRP: $50.00
    Savings: $0.00 (0%)
    Our Price: $50.00

(Yes, I modified show it shows MSRP vs. Retail Price)

Was under the impression if there were no savings, it would not display that.

Any ideas where to start?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
    I am having an issue on ZC 1.5 where if Price and MSRP are the same, it still shows:

MSRP: $50.00
    Savings: $0.00 (0%)
    Our Price: $50.00

(Yes, I modified show it shows MSRP vs. Retail Price)

Was under the impression if there were no savings, it would not display that.

Any ideas where to start?
    Remove the value that is in the MSRP field in your product listing admin page, the MSRP value returned at the front end will disappear.

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast