Thread: MSRP contrib

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MSRP contrib

Quote Originally Posted by micmed View Post
    Okay, I got it installed and working thanks to the posters here. Now I want to be able to fill the MSRP field using Easy Populate. I set up a column in my .csv file that matches the database field name but no data shows up in ZC when I upload the file. I get no errors.
    I can manually enter a price and then it shows up okay on the product info page. Here is the one that I entered manually.
    http://www.thecablestation.com/index...oducts_id=4936

As you can see it is working, I just don't want to have to add 5000+ the hard way.
    I want to do the same thing. I just loaded 7,000 products with easy populate and dread going into each one for MSRP price. If you go to the easy populate thread I asked the same question.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...0&goto=newpost

Here is the answer I received.

I am unfamiliar with the Dual Pricing Mod. If this mod directly changes the products database, then you can easily change Easy Populate the handle this added field. I am unfortunately (or should that be fortunately?!) involved in a large print project and 2 full eCommerce projects, so I don't have time to do this for you

But, this is what you need to do. If the Mod had an SQL patch, take a look at it. Did it update the products database? If so, what fields did it add? Open up easypopulate.php, and search on v_products_price. At each line reference (doing a search), add your new field, say "v_products_price_w"

Also note that the new CSV version is not quite the same as the TAB delimited version.

Wish I had time to help more, but just too busy... But this is not hard to do. Just make sure you BACKUP your databases first!

-cj

I am not good at looking at code and trying to figure out. If you are --- help would be greatly appreciated. I do not know the code where to put it. If I am not mistaken...I am using the tab delimited version.

Kim

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robrem View Post
    What file are you making these changes in?
    The file is includes/functions/functions_prices.php,

However you may want to look at this thread first before making the change

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ht=MSRP&page=7
    Lextechs.com Powered By ZenCart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kburner View Post
    I want to do the same thing. I just loaded 7,000 products with easy populate and dread going into each one for MSRP price. If you go to the easy populate thread I asked the same question.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...0&goto=newpost

Here is the answer I received.

I am unfamiliar with the Dual Pricing Mod. If this mod directly changes the products database, then you can easily change Easy Populate the handle this added field. I am unfortunately (or should that be fortunately?!) involved in a large print project and 2 full eCommerce projects, so I don't have time to do this for you

But, this is what you need to do. If the Mod had an SQL patch, take a look at it. Did it update the products database? If so, what fields did it add? Open up easypopulate.php, and search on v_products_price. At each line reference (doing a search), add your new field, say "v_products_price_w"

Also note that the new CSV version is not quite the same as the TAB delimited version.

Wish I had time to help more, but just too busy... But this is not hard to do. Just make sure you BACKUP your databases first!

-cj

I am not good at looking at code and trying to figure out. If you are --- help would be greatly appreciated. I do not know the code where to put it. If I am not mistaken...I am using the tab delimited version.

Kim
    PM me i will send you a ez-populate with the file change to allow MSRP and Cost you can change that file as needed,
    Last edited by lextechs; 17 Apr 2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: remove email address

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I got it installed and working thanks to the posters here. Now I want to be able to fill the MSRP field using Easy Populate. I set up a column in my .csv file that matches the database field name but no data shows up in ZC when I upload the file. I get no errors.
    I can manually enter a price and then it shows up okay on the product info page. Here is the one that I entered manually.
    http://www.thecablestation.com/index...oducts_id=4936

As you can see it is working, I just don't want to have to add 5000+ the hard way.

I can send you a Ex-populate file that does it for you PM me

Plugin Contributions

What do I need to do to get Easy Populate CSV, uploading the MSRP.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I ended up doing and it has worked flawlessly for me.

Editing easypopulate.php - Everywhere that I found a line with "v_products_price" in it I made a duplicate of that line just below it changing "price" to "msrp".

In my SQL file I opened the "products" table and added a field called "products_msrp" just below "products_price" using the same parameters.

I modified the CSS a bit and ended up with what you can see on my site now. I am very happy with the mod.

Kudos to all who gave tips for this and a BUNCH of other stuff that I could not have done without help from the folks who hang out here.
    www.theCableStation.com
    "If we restrict liberty to attain security we will lose them both."

Plugin Contributions

Easy populated with MSRP and Cost modification, ok the file is to large sorry i was trying to attache here
    Last edited by lextechs; 23 Apr 2009 at 06:02 AM. Reason: add file

Plugin Contributions

This is what I ended up doing and it has worked flawlessly for me.

Editing easypopulate.php - Everywhere that I found a line with "v_products_price" in it I made a duplicate of that line just below it changing "price" to "msrp".

In my SQL file I opened the "products" table and added a field called "products_msrp" just below "products_price" using the same parameters.

I modified the CSS a bit and ended up with what you can see on my site now. I am very happy with the mod.

Kudos to all who gave tips for this and a BUNCH of other stuff that I could not have done without help from the folks who hang out here.
    I did as you said although I didn't duplicate every single "product_price" line as it appears some of them relate to specials and perhaps other things? I did duplicate the ones that seem to relate to froogle although this may result in a bug when using the froogle feature? I have successfully downloaded and uploaded a msrp value using Easy Populate CSV. If anyone would like to see the file in question easypopulate.php please PM me and I'll email it to you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by smoke133 View Post
    I still can't get this to work. I tried adding greater than or less than into it, but nothing changed. It still shows all the MSRP even if my price is higher. Where should I be changing this at?
    Ok. I just solved the problem where the MSRP is equal to or LESS THAN the normal price. You can apply the change put forward by bigsy85 (see page 7 of the thread). And make one extra change.

Find this:

if ($display_normal_price == $display_msrp_price){

Replace with this:

if ($display_normal_price >= $display_msrp_price){

That will do it.

Alternatively you replace the entire routine with mine, although it is different to the one by bigsy85, I have a different strikethrough and just the percentage saving:

if ($display_normal_price == 0) {
    // don't show the $0.00
    if(($display_msrp_price!='')&&($display_msrp_price!='0')){
    if ($display_normal_price = $display_msrp_price){
    $final_display_price = $show_normal_price . $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount;
    }
    else
    {
    $save=$display_msrp_price-$display_normal_price;
    $final_display_price = '<span class="smalltext1">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP. '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($display_msrp_price, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE . number_format((($display_msrp_price - $display_normal_price) / $display_msrp_price), 2, '.', '') * 100 . '% '.'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
    }}else{
    $final_display_price = $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount;
    }
    } else {
    if(($display_msrp_price!='')&&($display_msrp_price!='0')){
    if ($display_normal_price >= $display_msrp_price){
    $final_display_price = $show_normal_price . $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount;
    }
    else{
    $save=$display_msrp_price-$display_normal_price;
    $final_display_price = '<span class="smalltext1">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_MSRP. '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($display_msrp_price, zen_get_tax_rate($product_check->fields['products_tax_class_id'])).'</s></span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span class="save">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_SAVE . number_format((($display_msrp_price - $display_normal_price) / $display_msrp_price), 2, '.', '') * 100 . '% '.'</span><br><span class="norm">'.TEXT_PRODUCT_OUR.$show_normal_price . $show_special_price . $show_sale_price . $show_sale_discount.'</span>' ;
    }}else{
    }
    }

Plugin Contributions

i have read almost of this thread, and searched it.

i have read the entire instructions and have done it 3 times already.

when i go into my admin after completing the install, i get this error when trying to select one of my products:

1054 Unknown column 'p.products_msrp' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_msrp, p.products_virtual, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_quantity_order_min, p.products_quantity_order_units, p.products_priced_by_attribute, p.product_is_free, p.product_is_call, p.products_quantity_mixed, p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status, p.products_quantity_order_max, p.products_sort_order, p.products_discount_type, p.products_discount_type_from, p.products_price_sorter, p.master_categories_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '643' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1']
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

any help would be great. starting to get very frustrating

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast