Plugin Contributions

Default TemplateMonster templates

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]brand new newbie here folks... had about a week of playing time and still trying to determine the template to use. I checked out some of the free templates offered here and other places such as templatemonster and the closest I can come up with is templatemonster.com/zen-cart-templates/13261.html

[FONT=Arial]Now I understand that TM templates are not the most popular in this forum due to the amount of time it takes to modify them but I'm curious if that is still the case with their latest or specifically with this one. I'm a software developer trying to setup a specialty drug store that will eventually replace or somehow work together with my other project http://www.sky-pharmacy.com. I originally planned to transform sky-pharmacy into an e-commerce site but pretty much gave up on the idea.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Any advice, comments?[/FONT]
    Last edited by Kim; 5 Jan 2007 at 03:14 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: TemplateMonster templates

Now I understand that TM templates are not the most popular in this forum due to the amount of time it takes to modify them but I'm curious if that is still the case with their latest or specifically with this one.
    Not to bash them but I have yet to see one (even as recently as 2 weeks ago) that functions correctly. A client made the purchase without conferring and then when it did not work even for the main page asked for assistance, I directed them back to TM and they did correct the main page loading issue but then there was one issue after another on the internal cart functions either not working or displaying incorrectly. For the cost, I would not even consider them as a viable option.

It is considerably more effort to correct anothers work than to start from scratch. JMO
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I wouldnt bother with TM. Most templates are for the old 1.2x versions! Complete wast of time if you have 1.3x and there is no real support that comes with them.

Plugin Contributions

That TM Theme looks a lot easier than the one I just upgraded for a Client.

No matter which TM Theme is used, some heavy code customizing will need to be done. I would also advise to stay away from using Flash. Although it may look pretty, it's not something to use on every page, for various reasons.

Plugin Contributions

I actually have a copy of "Lovely" (a TM template) that except for the slightly burnt edges is pristine and I will sell it cheap/no warranty/as is.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the help guys. I decided to stay away for now.