Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Tax being added to every product and shipping

I tried fixing my tax because it was adding sales tax to people in Florida, but I'm in Indiana, but in the process, I managed to have tax added to all of my products and shipping some how. All of my products are $19.99, $49.99, or $69.99, but now all of the orders come back as $21.19, $52.99, or $74.19, and instead of $5.95 shipping, it's coming back as $6.31. *sigh* I've been through all of the tax stuff a hundred times, but don't know what to do. It's like one click would solve it as one click destroyed it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tax being added to every product and shipping

Under Admin->Locations/Taxes->Zone Definitions, what do you have listed?

And inside each of those (click the Details button), what do you have listed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Under Admin->Locations/Taxes->Zone Definitions, I have "Indiana" and that's all. Inside of the details section of that one I have Country-United States and Zone-Indiana.

Thank you for your attempt to help me. I'm so frustrated...

Plugin Contributions

If I added all of this tax information, is there a way I have to APPLY all of the changes to all of my listings?? Could that may be the problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In Admin->Configuration->My Store, what are your settings for Tax Basis?
    - Basis of Product Tax
    - Basis of Shipping Tax

If these are both set to "Shipping" (ie: Dependent on Shipping Address), things should work right.
    If you have it set to "Billing", then they're taxed on the customer's address and not the shipping address.
    If you have it set to "Store", then it treats every customer as if they came to your own door (ie: in Indiana) and were therefore charged tax as if the sale was made IN Indiana.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Both settings for Tax Basis are set to "Shipping". I have noticed when customers check out now the right price is coming through at the very end of the transaction, but once they click on the "Add to Cart" button on one of my web pages, it comes up with the price plus the tax so instead of $19.99 it comes up as $21.19 in the zen cart. This is also coming up as the $21.19 price in my catalog of products as well. I don't want to give my customers a falce impression of what the price is by this. Can you help me from here? Thank you also for all of your help. You're awesome!

Jarrod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Admin->Configuration->My Store ...
    What's the setting for Display Prices with Tax ?

Plugin Contributions

i think my problem is similar but a bit different, i can't get the tax to show up when checking out..

- Basis of Product Tax : Store
    - Basis of Shipping Tax : Shipping

Admin->Locations/Taxes->Zone Definitions : Ontario
    And inside each of those (click the Details button), what do you have listed? : All Countries, All Zones

Admin->Configuration->My Store->Display Prices with Tax : 0

i set the above, hoping to achieve price without tax showing while browsing, and only showing tax when checking out or in shopping cart.
    but i can't get it to show at all..

oh btw, all my products have attributes, dunno if that affects anything

www.yabycosmetics.com
    Last edited by yaby; 10 Jan 2007 at 09:23 AM.

Plugin Contributions

You're a Genius!! Thank you very much. The "Display Price with Tax" was True as was the D"isplay price with tax in Admin". I've changed both to false as I don't want them to display that way. I think this fixes my problem! I salute you my friend!

Jarrod

Plugin Contributions

i really dunno what i did wrong... ~~>_<~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast