Plugin Contributions

Default renamed admin folder then upgraded from 1.3.6 to 7 - upgrade ok?

Hi - I installed Zen Cart 1.3.6 through Fantastico then followed the instructions for renaming the admin folder. When I was finished with that I logged in and saw a message that I needed to upgrade to 1.3.7. I downloaded the upgrade and uploaded zen_install and ran the installation - but when I logged back into the admin center I still saw the message to upgrade to 1.3.7.

I renamed the admin folder back to admin and re-ran the installation (which Zen Cart didn't seem to like too much) and then re-named the admin folder back to the alternate name. I logged in again, but I'm still seeing the upgrade message.

How can I tell if the upgrade has been successful?

Thanks!
    -Lis

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: renamed admin folder then upgraded from 1.3.6 to 7 - upgrade ok?

You used Fantastico to do the last upgrade? It is unlikely that they have the latest version.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded the upgrade and uploaded zen_install
    If you only uploaded the zc_install folder it will not upgrade.

Over load or transfer all the 1.3.7 files to your install > run the zc install and it should detect the previous install and only require a DB upgrade
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Okay I did a new installation of 1.3.6 with fantastico, uploaded 1.3.7 files over those files, and did the database upgrade through the installation folder. Then I changed the admin folder name in configure.php and renamed the admin folder.

Now when I go to the newly-renamed admin folder, I get this error:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /glass/jamocha1 on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at dichroicjewelry.net Port 80

Plugin Contributions

As you have done this security fix before, I would go back and triple check your entries in the admin/includes configure.php file
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I checked and double checked and then had someone else look. No dice. I'm trying to do a clean install myself with 1.3.7 - screw fantastico.

Plugin Contributions

I am having a similar problem, I used fantastico to upgrade from Zen Cart 1.3.2 to Zen Cart 1.3.6. Then I followed the instructions to upgrade and did a DB upgrade. Now, for some reason, I am useing Zen Cart 1.3.6 with a 1.3.7 database. I don't know if this is an error or if it is still Zen Cart 1.3.6. Any way to tell the difference?

Plugin Contributions

If you login to your admin, you will see a black menu bar at the top. Click the "Version" link to see your current version info.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rujikin View Post
    I used fantastico to upgrade from Zen Cart 1.3.2 to Zen Cart 1.3.6. Then I followed the instructions to upgrade and did a DB upgrade. Now, for some reason, I am useing Zen Cart 1.3.6 with a 1.3.7 database. I don't know if this is an error or if it is still Zen Cart 1.3.6. Any way to tell the difference?
    There are two parts to the system: the PHP files and the Database. Sounds like you only completed the Database portion.
    What exactly did you do for the PHP/files portion?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.