Plugin Contributions

Default Different per item shipping based on item?

I want to have a flat rate option for any number of prints purchased but a different per item shipping price option depending on the size if someone only buys one. That is, a mini print would cost 1.50 to ship usps but anything larger would be 4.50. How do I do that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different per item shipping based on item?

I am guessing that you distinguish the mini from the large with attributes ...

You would need quite a bit of customizing to the shipping modules to determin if the cart holds all mini or all large or a mix of both ... and what does happen when it is both?

You could instead, use the Per Unit perweightunit Shipping module ...

Handling is $1.50 which covers the mini prints and those you set to 0 weight and set that 0 weight does not mean free shipping ...

Then on the large print set the weight to 4.50 for the $4.50 per item charge

Now the "products_weight" field is used as the shipping pricing method ...

The extra $1.50 you get on an order with large prints would be ... well kinda like a bonus ...

But this would require no custom coding and just utilizing the tools in Zen Cart ...

Note: you can then turn off all weight displays as they have no meaning to your customers ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, but how do I make it so that if more than one of the same item is ordered, the shipping goes up incrementally? I have one test product to play with. I have it set to zero weight so shipping is 1.50. When the quantity is changed it stays at 1.50, though. Help! I'm hopeless over here. hehe

Plugin Contributions

You said you wanted the mini prints at $1.50 regardless of quantity ...

And the large prints at $4.50 per item ...

The $1.50 handling handles the flat rate on mini prints ...

If you want it to be:

Mini $1.50 each
    Large $4.50 each

then use 1.50 and 4.50 on the different sizes and you will get that as a per product per quantity charge on shipping and forget the handling charge ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This sounds something like what I am looking for...

I want to have a flat £1.50 rate, plus a rate per item, depending on what it is.

So, I figure I can set up a series of weights and use those to charge the additional price.

But, unlike as mentioned above, it would be important for me to display this extra price.

Is there a better way of doing this, or do I need to also change files to display to the viewer something like 'Postage cost' instead of the 'Item weight' message next to the figure? If so, do you know which files to ensure all instances of where this message might appear?

Thanks.