Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 500 internal error- non-existant class notifier in autload_func.php

hi,

It's definitely pointing at the correct DB.
    I set-up a new DB and populated it with old data - woops! anyway at least I know its not pointing at the most recent DB.

I've looked at the instructions on the upgrade MySQL script and it warns
    # * Zen Cart uses the zc_install/index.php program to do database upgrades

# * This SQL script is intended to be used by running zc_install

# * It is *not* recommended to simply run these statements manually via any other means

# * ie: not via phpMyAdmin or via the Install SQL Patch tool in Zen Cart admin

# * The zc_install program catches possible problems and also handles table-prefixes automatically

hhmmm , I wonder what was wrong in the first place why it wouldn't install for me from the zc_install.. maybe I'll delete everything and start again. I've been working on this for 2 1/2 hours now!

Plugin Contributions

ok,
    im going to have to start again.

going to delete everything!

this is not easy!

Plugin Contributions

ok,
    i didnt delete my installation. I decided I wasn't going to end up at the same place again.

To me it looks like alot of people are having difficulties with the zc_install for the latest version!

Anyway, I went and ran the database patches manually. Everything appears to be working fine now.

All I have to do is transfer over what I done on the previous version... fingers crossed !!
    :)

Plugin Contributions

I hope this went well for you. Just to point out that there's nothing wrong with the zc_install in the new version, just lost more people than usual using it because of the upgrade, so the problem incidence is bound to rise.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I had the same error but because of a missing / at the end of the path of DIR_FS_CATALOG.

Just wanted to know :

Is zentcart programmed to strictly need "/"

in every case a path is needed?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The pattern is typically to leave a trailing slash on any DIR_ constants and any $variables so that one doesn't have to guess whether one is present or not.

If you wish to see the expected pattern esp for configure.php files, look at the supplied dist-configure.php to see which fields begin and end with slashes or not.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12