Plugin Contributions

Default User Tracking Mod issue: repeated Logins: Admin: View Sessions

Hello,

I have been having an issue with the User Tracking Mod. When in the Admin>Tools>User Tracking> I click on View Session or delete Session then I am kicked out of the Admin, and forwarded to the Admin Login page, which accepts my login again, shows the first Admin page, but kicks me out to the login page when I click on any link, not just user tracking.

The only way to get out of this loop is to quit the browser and login in to Admin, and avoid User tracking.

I notice some previous posts on this issue, but has anyone found any success? I have double checked my install files and everything is in the right place, is this more of a sql issue?

running ZC 1.3.7

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: User Tracking Mod issue: repeated Logins: Admin: View Sessions

I re-installed files and sql.

Issue still exists, still unable to use user tracking in admin: all user tracking functions: force log out loop.

Looks like i will have to un-install. I do not have phpmyadmin, in order to drop the user_tracking out of MYSQL what should I do?

simply enter this command in the admin>sql patch?:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS user_tracking;

Plugin Contributions

If I didn't have phpMyAdmin and was trying to run an e-commerce store based on php and MySQL I'd be having a serious talk with my hosting site about either getting with the program or finding a real hosting site like one of our Certified Hosting sites with a clue ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello!

Thanks for your response, I contacted my web host about lack of DB control (I have been getting away with just telnetting in until now)...It turns out I can download and install myphpadmin, but a friend recommended something called navicat ...any advice?

Plugin Contributions

Find a real host ...

I am very surprised you have a website that has access to php and MySQL but does not give you a proper Control Panel with the proper tools to utilize this ...

Other than run fast?

I am a phpMyAdmin fan ... yes, you can install your own ... but again, you should not have to on a real server with a real hosting company ... that just sounds so very wrong ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your advice, I will look around a bit more...still like my host for reliabilty and integrity, but they do seem abit behind, they just upgraded to php 4.4 last week

I have the exact same problem. Do you have a resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    Hello,

I have been having an issue with the User Tracking Mod. When in the Admin>Tools>User Tracking> I click on View Session or delete Session then I am kicked out of the Admin, and forwarded to the Admin Login page, which accepts my login again, shows the first Admin page, but kicks me out to the login page when I click on any link, not just user tracking.

The only way to get out of this loop is to quit the browser and login in to Admin, and avoid User tracking.

I notice some previous posts on this issue, but has anyone found any success? I have double checked my install files and everything is in the right place, is this more of a sql issue?

running ZC 1.3.7

Plugin Contributions

I never figured it out, had to give up on the great mod a year ago. You might want to contact the author for support.

Here is the solution to fixing repeated logins. In /admin/includes/configure.php you must use secure "https:" URL for all 4 of the following, for example:
    */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://www.your-site.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.your-site.com');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.your-site.com');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://www.your-site.com');

I was only using for the 2nd and 4th.