Plugin Contributions

css problem Move an Order from one customer to another

Hi All,

I have a customer who apparently forgot his login info and decided to create a new account using a misspelling of his email address. And then placed an order. I have talked to him and asked him to go back to his original account and use the forgot password link to recover the original account.

My problem is that I want to move the one order he placed under that new account to his original account and then delete that new customer identity.

Can someone help me to accomplish this? Can I do this as an Admin or do I have to login as him in his original account, place another order like the one in the bogus account, then delete the bogus account and order?

Thanks for any assistance here..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Move an Order from one customer to another

In theory, all of the related information about the customer is stored in the orders table where, after backing up your database, you could update the data to read the customer's customers_id and customers_email_address to link this order to that customer ...

In theory, those should be the only fields to touch, as everything else "should" be correct if this customer used all of his/her real information except for the email address ...

Be sure to backup the database after making your changes and before you try to delete the customer's second account ... then verify all of your order information
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!