Plugin Contributions

help question Newbie has Questions

I have a few issues that have come up and was hoping to get some help.

1. I have added products by using the new product button. I cannot find a new catergory button. I had a catergory and deleted it so now it seems like I can't add a new catergory. Can someone assist me with this?

2. I have tried using the credit card module but cannot get it to work properly. I don't want to process the transactions online. I was going to get the numbers and run them through my terminal in my store. I tried to do a test with the credit card module after install ing it and it will only let me enter cards that start with 4111. How can I correct this so customers can enter visa, mc, and discover card numbers?

3. This is a display issue. I have the information box displayed but I would like to remove some of the items included under information like gift certificates. How do I do that? Also, rather than having a preview of products on the main page, I would like to get it to look like it does when you go to view all products and it has it in the shopping cart form. Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance. I have searched the support site but haven't been able to get the help that I am looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie has Questions

1)
    Once you have added a product (with not categories)you can not add any categories, so its best to start by adding a main category then add some products to it

2 and 3 are beyond me, sorry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie has Questions

I have a feeling the test mode is set up to just run the "test" (fake) card number. In live mode there should be no impediments.

But actually, I think this will only process cards online. There is a credit card e-mail option (not sure what it's called) that sends you the numbers so you can run them manually. ?Split card ?? (It sends half the number one way and half another, so no eavesdropper can get a whole number.)