Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: getting error msg from ot_tax.php

Hmmm...something is really buggy here...I just did a clean install with the demo products, didn't change any settings at all. Added a product to my cart, and then on the account creation page, entered all my info. When I hit submit the page refreshed. So I entered my info again, this time it gave me an error message saying I already had an account. So I tried to login, and the page refreshed. Tried this several times, same thing kept happing. Clicked the checkout link, and it brought me back to the login screen, where again when I tried to login the screen simply refreshed and nothing else happened.

I then uninstalled, reinstalled again, this time without the demo products, created a test product, added it to my cart, and the same thing happened at the account creation/login page!

What could be causing this? I have never had this happen before. And could it somehow be related to the other problem in this thread?

Thanks!
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Oh and I did receive a welcome e-mail both times, and my customer account did show up in the store...
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Check your Session settings ... what happens if you turn off the Recreate Session?

Some servers are not set up right for this safety to run correctly ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ah thanks, that fixed that problem :)

OK, so yes, the clean install works great. So the problem is somewhere in the files. But I really don't know where. I've already tried replacing the entire admin and the entire includes folder with the original files and the error was still there
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Try replacing the /includes/modules/order_total directory and /includes/languages/english/modules/order_total directory ...

Then for giggles and grins, run through the Modules ... Order Totals ... and make sure anything you are not using is not installed ... as in click on it and hit Remove ...

Anything you are using ... hit Edit and jot down your settings ... hit Cancel ... hit Remove ... hit Install ... and reconfigure ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

OK, tried that, but no luck. The only ones installed are Shipping, Sub-total, Tax, and Total. I removed them and reinstalled them after replacing all the order-total files, but no change. The only thing that does change is that if I remove the tax order total module, the error disappears at step 2 of checkout, but the sub-total and total still show $0.00.
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this would help at all, but if I continue on in the checkout process, on step 3, there is no longer anything in my cart. But if I click on the shopping cart link, everything that is supposed to be there is there. Also, the shipping rates are based on weight, and they are being calculated correctly in step 1. So somewhere between step 1 and step 2 it seems there is a corrupted file? Can anyone point me to any specific files I should be looking at?

Also, I notice that in the Who's Online area of the admin, it does show what is in my cart and the total correctly as I go through the checkout process, even though on the customer end it shows as $0.00.
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I don't recall ever doing anything to the files except for installing mods and small design changes.

However, I did hire a developer to convert my design to zen cart. He may have done something to the code, but I cannot get ahold of him ATM.

Which files could possibly be causing these errors? Aside from the obvious files in the order_total folder?

Plugin Contributions

First make sure that you have the most recent patch installed:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Next, go to the Modules ... Payments ...

Write down your settings then remove and install and configure again ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12