Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card Fraud Detection (MaxMind)

ok looks like we may have a problem here now after step 3 it loads a blank screen and doesn't actually send the payment for processing. I have the module installed but still waiting for the confirmation email could this be the problem? or is it the cc.php that is causing this problem??

Plugin Contributions

please mate check your pm need this adaption doing but also i have a problem with the actual install. getting a blank page after step 3 of checkout and no payment info is actually reaching the payment gateway!!!

Plugin Contributions

I have just installed this module and when I first tried it the order confirmation would take me immediately back to the home page.

I restored the original order.php leaving the header_php.php file modified and it is working fine.

What I would like to know is the reasoning behind the following code, the order.php mod:

PHP Code:
    //MaxMind Start

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $server_remote_addr;
        if (
    zen_not_null($server_remote_addr)) { $server_remote_address ' - ' $server_remote_addr; }

//MaxMind End 
    $server_remote_addr is never defined therefore a null value seemingly overwrites the server variable $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] which seems to be the cause of the checkout not completing successfully.

Could someone please confirm/explain this section of code?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I am using Authorize.net for credit card processing. How do I use bin look-up with this module?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barrow_matt View Post
    I have just installed this module and when I first tried it the order confirmation would take me immediately back to the home page.

I restored the original order.php leaving the header_php.php file modified and it is working fine.

What I would like to know is the reasoning behind the following code, the order.php mod:

PHP Code:
    //MaxMind Start

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $server_remote_addr;
        if (
    zen_not_null($server_remote_addr)) { $server_remote_address ' - ' $server_remote_addr; }

//MaxMind End 
    $server_remote_addr is never defined therefore a null value seemingly overwrites the server variable $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] which seems to be the cause of the checkout not completing successfully.

Could someone please confirm/explain this section of code?

Thanks.
    This code splits the ip addresses stored in the database so we can do something with it later. By default it records the users ip and I believe the forwarded-by ip but it does not use any kind of separator.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by roryg1 View Post
    I am using Authorize.net for credit card processing. How do I use bin look-up with this module?
    You can use the included credit card module to understand what needs to be captured and integrate that into an Authorize.net module. PM me if you need it to happen and can't code it on your own.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, hear about Maxmind from a friend and looking forward to purchasing once I get it working. Just have a few questions;

Is the download for Maxmind in the free add on section, the same as the 'minFraud' you have advertised on your site?

I'd like to allow my customers to have the option of sending me money via bank transfer and paypal. Is it possible to use Maxmind with these bank transfers? Is this what Authorise.net is used for?

I was confused as to what kind of payments maxmind tracks when installed following the readme file - whether its accepting credit card information before entering those details in our own merchant account, bank transfers or paypal transactions.

With Zen Magic only one file needs to be replaced IF you want credit card orders to auto-process when the order is placed:
    Are they processed through Maxmind and what exactly do you mean by auto-process? In comparison to what? how is the money delivered from consumer's card to my account once maxmind allows the transaction?

If you want to use the credit card issuer (BIN) name and phone number fraud scoring, or if you use the default credit card module and do not store credit card numbers on the server (you e-mail the middle numbers), you will need to replace:
    What system would we need to enable on Zen Cart to accept Credit Cards through the site? How are the payments handled? Are there instructions anywhere to incorporate SSL Certificates into these sections of the site?

I followed the read me below "all other files are added and used with Zen Magic;"
    I received the following error when I navigated to Modules > Payment.

ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php

but the cc.php file in the readme says to paste it into '/includes/modules/payment/cc.php'?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adem.i View Post
    Hi, hear about Maxmind from a friend and looking forward to purchasing once I get it working. Just have a few questions;
    Is the download for Maxmind in the free add on section, the same as the 'minFraud' you have advertised on your site?
    I'd like to allow my customers to have the option of sending me money via bank transfer and paypal. Is it possible to use Maxmind with these bank transfers? Is this what Authorise.net is used for?
    I was confused as to what kind of payments maxmind tracks when installed following the readme file - whether its accepting credit card information before entering those details in our own merchant account, bank transfers or paypal transactions.
    Are they processed through Maxmind and what exactly do you mean by auto-process? In comparison to what? how is the money delivered from consumer's card to my account once maxmind allows the transaction?
    What system would we need to enable on Zen Cart to accept Credit Cards through the site? How are the payments handled? Are there instructions anywhere to incorporate SSL Certificates into these sections of the site?
    I followed the read me below "all other files are added and used with Zen Magic;"
    I received the following error when I navigated to Modules > Payment.
    ERROR: module not loaded due to missing language file:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php

but the cc.php file in the readme says to paste it into '/includes/modules/payment/cc.php'?
    The MaxMind addon is a free ZenCart module, it is not supported by MaxMind.
    The addon accesses the minfraud service.
    You can use the addon with any payment module. Using the credit card payment module included allows the most functionality by checking the number hash, bin name, and bin phone. The cc payment module is also a starting point to port the functionality to a different payment module, such as authorize.net.
    The addon in no way processes actual payments, it simply takes the details provided by the payment module and checks against the minfraud service.
    I will have to update the addon with the full credit card module for 1.3.9h, ZenCart has removed the functionality. For a quick fix you could download an older version of 1.3 and grab a copy of the cc.php language file that is missing.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ses707,

I have several questions. You stated that this addon module can be used with any payment module?? We recently just activated PayPal website payments pro, so that our website directly accepts credit card input from customers but PayPal does the backend cc processing and crediting our account with funds. I tried to install this addon module as a method of fraud filtering because I find PayPal's builtin fraud filters very lacking.

So basically, is it as simple as installing this module, patching my sql database and then I'm good to go? Or do I need to get into the php code of the PayPaldb.php module and code it to integrate with the minfraud module? Because that is far beyond my capabilities, and we would need to look into getting some outside professional help for that.

Currently, attempting to install this module, results in an internal server error when proceeding to check out from our shopping cart. I'm pretty certain the issue is from includes/classes/order.php because we also installed Fast and Easy checkout, which uses a heavily modified order.php file. I know that your order.php file has 4 key differences from the original vanilla version of order.php and I used winmerge to merge the code into the Fast and Easy checkout version of order.php, but I'm assuming, because the code in FEC's order.php is so different, that there are just incompatibilities even when properly merged...

I think I will consider removing the Fast and easy checkout module in favor of using minfraud, but I wanted to make sure that it's fully compatible with PayPal website payments pro module without any manual php coding... thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RoboPhung View Post
    Hi Ses707,

I have several questions. You stated that this addon module can be used with any payment module?? We recently just activated PayPal website payments pro, so that our website directly accepts credit card input from customers but PayPal does the backend cc processing and crediting our account with funds. I tried to install this addon module as a method of fraud filtering because I find PayPal's builtin fraud filters very lacking.

So basically, is it as simple as installing this module, patching my sql database and then I'm good to go? Or do I need to get into the php code of the PayPaldb.php module and code it to integrate with the minfraud module? Because that is far beyond my capabilities, and we would need to look into getting some outside professional help for that.

Currently, attempting to install this module, results in an internal server error when proceeding to check out from our shopping cart. I'm pretty certain the issue is from includes/classes/order.php because we also installed Fast and Easy checkout, which uses a heavily modified order.php file. I know that your order.php file has 4 key differences from the original vanilla version of order.php and I used winmerge to merge the code into the Fast and Easy checkout version of order.php, but I'm assuming, because the code in FEC's order.php is so different, that there are just incompatibilities even when properly merged...

I think I will consider removing the Fast and easy checkout module in favor of using minfraud, but I wanted to make sure that it's fully compatible with PayPal website payments pro module without any manual php coding... thanks in advance.
    The module can be used with any payment module, the included credit card module does two additional checks against the credit card name and telephone number entered by the customer at checkout (neither of which will drastically increase or decrease the fraud score). I have not re-written the paypal payment module for direct payments to request those from the customer, if you wanted those you would need to custom code them in, but are not required to get a very good fraud score profile.
    I do not know the F&E addon you are talking about, you should still be able to integrate the fraud module inserting the code where necessary. What is the exact error you are receiving?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast