Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card Fraud Detection (MaxMind)

Hi Zenners,

I installed this.

However in Zen Cart admin maxmind scores are not coming up for all my orders that use credit cards (we use PayPal website payments standard where the customer goes to PayPal and back).

The scores are coming up for Direct Deposit / Bank Transfer orders - how do I take this off as this is useless and a waste of my maxmind checks and money?

Also is this much use in Australia? Does it look up the phone number or address and match it to the white pages telephone directory?

If not then is there any way I can only enable this for orders outside Australia e.g. USA, Canada, UK orders etc so I don't waste queries

cheers,
    Dave

P.S. Also along this line can anyone share a checklist or criteria or requirements I can use to screen credit card orders for fraud?
    ApeShop.com - Mobile Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses, iPods, PSPs, Watches & more!
    http://www.apeshop.com/

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know whether this mod will function properly on the current version of Zen Cart, 1.3.8a

I guess I'm about to become a guinea pig...

Plugin Contributions

Default Maxmind 1.3.7 doesn't appear compatible with Google Checkout

Maxmind has a modified response handler for google checkout, but it appears very outdated. In fact, its safe to say Maxmind 1.3.7 is NOT safe for zen cart 1.3.8a.
    catalog/googlecheckout/responsehandler.php

This is one of the files included with google checkout, which is required for the google checkout mod to function.

I compared the code to the latest version of google checkout & it's a mess. I'm not sure I can safely integrate the 2x mods....

I may try anyway...

I'm thinking there may be several serious issues with this mod for 1.3.8a...

In the meantime,

Does anyone know who to contact about Maxmin 1.3.7 mod to get it updated to 1.3.8a?

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately the mod is basically unusable on 1.3.8. I have updated one client to this version and made very basic hack changes but I have not put together a new complete package. On top of the ZC changes in 1.3.8 I also need to make changes for PayPal and incremental changes for GC. If you are interested in getting this up to date sooner rather than later PM me and we can work something out.

Plugin Contributions

I'm a fan of maxmind--I only need this mod for my own store.

I'll PM you about this though, it is important for me to prevent fraud & keep profits up :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ses707 View Post
    Unfortunately the mod is basically unusable on 1.3.8. I have updated one client to this version and made very basic hack changes but I have not put together a new complete package. On top of the ZC changes in 1.3.8 I also need to make changes for PayPal and incremental changes for GC. If you are interested in getting this up to date sooner rather than later PM me and we can work something out.
    I just barely realized, you're the original author of this module :)

I'll do what I can to help you get through the update process.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ses707 View Post
    Give me an idea of what is left to be done--I also need GC/ Paypal to function with this.

If you're currently working on it already, I'll let you do your thing--If not, perhaps I can work from your hack version.

I haven't spent much time on this module (I was put off that it needed so much updating). Anyway, it seems like a very complex module, which is a little intrusive--I wonder if this could be adapted to be less intrusive so I wont require as much updating for the next version of Zen Cart.

If anyone out there knows a good alternative I would try it, but I'm really impressed with the screenshots of this module & I would love to have it in my store...

Plugin Contributions

I don't think there's another developed fraud detection module out there for Zen Cart--I have been looking. If anyone knows of one, I'm interested...

Plugin Contributions

Is it possible to use MaxMind with digital downloads? That is, can it be configured to deny or flag any high risk transactions in such a way that the customer is not allowed to access/download their purchased files? I sell MP3s and PDFs and this would be a great help to me.

Thanks for any info. on this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by eslpod View Post
    Is it possible to use MaxMind with digital downloads? That is, can it be configured to deny or flag any high risk transactions in such a way that the customer is not allowed to access/download their purchased files? I sell MP3s and PDFs and this would be a great help to me.

Thanks for any info. on this.
    Simply stated-- what the person is purchasing is nearly irrelevant.

As long as you provide each of the data parameters requested by maxmind, they will give you a worthwhile risk rating. These include things like IP, Address, Phone, Email, etc etc.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast