Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default change color of "Log yourself in"?

Does anyone know how to change the color of "log yourself in" WITHOUT changing the color of the sidebox entries?? Oh if only i could.
    Someone please heeeeeeelp!! Thanks so much in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: change color of "Log yourself in"?

Add this and others to your stylesheet.css file
    Code:
    .greeting a:link {
    color: #006633;
    }
    Others = visited , hover, active - if you want these changed also
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Dear Kobra, Thank you for this prompt reply.
    Unfortunately for some reason it didn't change anything.

This is what i have: Please see screeenshot of the css file and the result on my mainpage.

i put the top ".greeting" in last night and it changes the color of "Would you like to" part.
    Is the "a:link" part of your reccomedation meant for the "log yourself in" part? I wonder why the "log yourself in" part doesn't change to white?
    I tried both parts seperately too but...

at the moment the "log yourself in" part can only be changed by changing the navEZPagesTOC font color. I'm using Ver1.3.7.

Thank you, totemo kansha shimasu (very much appreciated) and i hope to hear from you again soon. best regards. Arpeggio.
    Last edited by arpeggio; 23 Jan 2007 at 05:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

The change recommended by Kobra that you have put into your stylesheet should have worked. That it didn't and that completely unrelated piece of CSS can have an effect suggests a wider problem with your stylesheet that cannot be assessed from a screenshot. Do you have a link to the offending site?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply Kuroi san. I'm workin' off my localhost and have not 'www" site as yet. I have attached my CSS. The lines in contention here are from Line 39 to Line 50. Any advice you could offer will help. Thanks very much in advance.
    Last edited by arpeggio; 23 Jan 2007 at 05:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You're in luck. Normally I refuse to look at CSS out of context of the site in which it is used, as it only really makes sense there and my tools for examining it make sense there. But since you were so polite, I kicked open the file and had a quick look anyway and found a small syntactic error.

Here's the CSS at which I'm looking
    /*.greeting {
    * color: #000000; /* make your change here */
    * font-weight: bold;
    * font-size: 14px;
    * padding-top: 5px;
    * padding-bottom: 5px;
    }*/

color: #ffffff;
    }
    A CSS comment starts with a /* and ends with the next */. Unfortunately you have nested your comments, which means that your comment above ends much earlier than you think - I've highlighted the beginning and end in red - leaving a trail of stuff that will confuse browsers.

As browsers largely ignore whitespace and also ignore styles with errors, the styling for your .greeting a:link is most likely being treated as part of the stuff above that they can't interpret and so ignore. Not until they reach the } at the end of that style, can they breath a sigh of relief and start afresh.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

arigato kuroi san. totemo kansha shite imasu.(very much appreciated)

Unfotunately both removing the edit out marks and even deleting the first part, namely:

/*.greeting {
    * color: #000000;
    * font-weight: bold;
    * font-size: 14px;
    * padding-top: 5px;
    * padding-bottom: 5px;
    }*/

the color still does not change to white, in accordance with:

}

(I even put this last part at the very end of the CSS to make sure that it was the very last command possible to change the "log yourself in"s color!!

it is very strange. Is there a program I can use to "see" if the program is actually reading that line? (i think it is reeading now however because there are no edit out marks left).
    Alternatively could you suggest some other things I may look at. For example what files are read before and after the CSS sheet for this "log yourself in" to finally display. Maybe I can trace the variable along its path or something.
    Alternatively 2, is it not possible that you substitute my CSS in a copy of ZenCart 1.3.7 and see how it performs? (sorry for the inconvenience and that i dont have a www site up and running yet. As you've probably guessed this is my first attempt at a website!)

Thank you and I'll keep searchin'!! yoroshiku onegaishimasu.(thank you up to now and asking for your help in the future). Arpeggio.

Plugin Contributions

view your source and towards the top you will see the path to the style sheet being used. Make sure that the css that you are altering is this one. similar to:
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/your_ttemplate/css/stylesheet.css"
    The code posted is the correct code to effect the change you want
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Kobra is on the right path here. Your stylesheet cleaned up in accordance with his and my observations does exactly what you're asking it to do. You can see it here.

Clearly you also have some issues with your site's structure. We could and probably would have spotted these immediately if we could see your site live. Instead we're spending a lot of time groping around in the dark trying to guess at what might be wrong. Please upload your site to somewhere public and we will be able to help you much more easily.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much to both of you Kobra and Kuroi san.

yes, its awfully strange:
    1. The source code (attached) clearly shows that it is accessing the correct stylesheet. (my_template = jeweltemplate).
    2. Kuroi's link clearly shows that the code:

}

infact works as expected.

So yes, clearly there's a spanner in my works here. Oh man what did i do?!! sorry guys. I dunno if there's anything you can see by looking at the rest of the source but other than that I'm not real sure about how I can publicly post my site soon. I havent even researched any server company yet and pretty much know nothing about it. Gotta hit the sack right now (early start tomo), so i'll read what zencart suggests about getting a public server when i'm back tomo. if you can suggest anything regarding what in the "structure" i could look for or anything at all else, please do. if not i'll hafta wait. koko made honto ni arigato gozaimashita. (thank you so much up to now.) arpeggio.
    Last edited by arpeggio; 6 Jun 2007 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast