Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Server error! ....server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

... or go for streaming downloads instead of redirects, which forces apache to serve the file in 2K chunks rather than via a direct file link fed to the browser.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Server error! ....server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

Quote Originally Posted by steely View Post
    Anybody have a clue why all of a sudden, when I try to download a file which is an attribute of a product, I get the following error page?
    Now, if I could get the originators of this Zen cart to give us something to work around this Apache issue without giving up on the program...
    It's worth noting that the issue you're experiencing appears to be caused by something your host did recently ... hence the "all of a sudden" comment you started this topic with ...

Perhaps "giving up on the program" is misdirected a little ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default CGI error when sending reviews

When sending reviews I get this error:
    CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers

The review itself does appear in admin as everything would work fine... however when I edit the reviews it shows this note:

NOTE: HTML is not translated!

Test site address:
    http://www.time-co.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=

I would appreciate any help...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by all4coffee View Post
    CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers

The review itself does appear in admin as everything would work fine... however when I edit the reviews it shows this note:

Test site address:

When I tried it again it seems that the problem went away...

I have another question: it seems to me that only registered customers can write a review - is there a way to enable review writing to all visitors?

Plugin Contributions

When I tried it again it seems that the problem went away...

I have another question: it seems to me that only registered customers can write a review - is there a way to enable review writing to all visitors?

The message
    CGI Error

when sending the review is back again.

NOW I discovered that the error is displayed only when I change Admin settings to "Reviews Require Approval" to ON =1 setting

Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CGI error when sending reviews

CGI Error

Test site address:

The error msg. leads me to believe you are using an add-on Module. PHP code will not return a CGI error msg. -- unless perhaps, PHP is being run as CGI module.

You can find out for sure by using: Admin > Tools > Server Info and look for Server API. If it says CGI then PHP is being run as a CGI module and might explain the error msg. but not the problem. For that one would need to know the exact PHP file name used by Zen Cart and I don't know what it would be.

If the Server is running PHP as CGI and/or you are using an add-on Module that uses a file ending with '.cgi' or '.pl', then you need to make sure this code is used near the beginning or top of the file.

print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
    Last edited by Website Rob; 28 Sep 2007 at 08:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for response. It turned out to be a setting in Admin/Email which changed - literally by itself from SMTP to something else. When I changed it back to smtp all mail works fine including reviews.

Two days ago when I went to my site
    http://www.time-co.com/zencart/

I noticed that my Academe template was gone and was replaced (not me!) with Classic template. I changed it back and it seems OK except that randomly some pages are scrambled to the right half of center column - when refreshed - goes away but then randomly happens again on another or the same page (if refreshing few times in a row)

WHAT COULD IT BE? Anyone had it happen I'm sure? Drives me nuts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12