Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker Not Applying (tried fixes)

Hi all,

Here's my prob: Salemaker sales are not applying in the shopping cart. The sale values list correctly on the site but when a customer goes to purchase, nothing.

I followed the instructions in the sticky thread about checking that I had correct IDs and then I did the update master category thing, etc., but that didn't fix the problem.

I really want to use this feature but so far I'm stumped as to what might be wrong.

I'm running 1.3.5.

Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker Not Applying (tried fixes)

You should upgrade to v1.3.7 as there are many issues in v1.3.5 that have been fixed ...

Look in phpMyAdmin at the products table ...

Do you see valid categories_id in the master_categories_id

The master_categories_id needs to match the categories_id that is on sale or the category on sale does not own the product and the price cannot work right ...

Also be sure you do not have products and categories mixed in the same product ...

Have you an URL where this issue is happening?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I installed Zen Cart version 1.3.7 (fresh-no upgrade) and also have a Salemaker feature that doesn't work. I don't think the Salemaker problems have been resolved. I have the same issues as version 1.3.5 users complain of, even after trying posted fixes.

I didn't do anything fancy when I set up the cart. I created product categories, then added specific products to each category. That's it. ZenCart admin shows that each product has a unique ID number. As to looking at tables in PHPMyAdmin, I don't quite understand what I'm looking at there, but it would seem that Zen Cart should have taken care of setting up the proper IDs in the first place.

HELP! This is the last issue that is stopping me from activating my online store.

If you want to check it visit: http://tebreitenbach.com/store .

Salemaker is set to offer a 20% discount ONLY on poster sales between $100-200. Add about 8 posters to the cart and you will see that no discounts will post.

Thanks for your help. I love the Zen community and plan to eventually upload the templates I've been working on. (I can't believe how much the commercial places are charging for them!)

Plugin Contributions

On your site I see 8% 20% 25% 27% discounts ...

Are you using Sales as in Sale Maker or Specials? Or what to manage these?

What are the exact settings on your Sales made with Sale Maker?

What Category or Category categories_id are you putting on Sale?

Are the Products setup that the Category on Sale with Sale Maker is the Product's master_categories_id if you use Linked Products?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I could not get SALEMAKER to work either before OR after I applied Specials to most of the products in ID Category/Products - (ID# 1) Posters.

I want to apply additional discounts when customers buy assorted posters in quantities over $100.

My SALEMAKER settings are:

Salename: 20 Percent off
    Deduction: 20.0000
    Type: Percent
    Products Pricing: 100.0000 to 199.9900
    Apply Sale Deduction to: Specials Price - Otherwise Apply to Price
    Starts: Immediately
    Expires: Never
    Check Categories to which this sale applies: Posters

and now after I added Specials, there is a "WARNING: 1 sales already include this category"

I don't have any linked products (if I understand that correctly to mean: products that appear in more than one category).

On the CATEGORIES / PRODUCTS page I have listed several categories of products including ID: 1, Categories/Product: Posters and under Price/Special/Sale: it says 0.20 Percent.

Am I using Salemaker correctly? If not, how can I accomplish these additional discounts.

Thanks for your help!!!

Plugin Contributions

That does look a bit odd ...

I am going to move this to the Bug Reports until I determin if this is a configuration or miscalculation issue ...
    Linda McGrath