Plugin Contributions

Default How do I Remove Minimum Quantity and Stock Level Value from Showing?

I am currently setting up my website to handle volume orders for wholesalers and resellers from the manufacturer.

We do not actually stock the products. Orders are placed in quantity and ordered from the manufacturer for the clients.

How do i prevent the IN STOCK from showing and being required as a value?

Also, since its a volume order, How do I set up the quantities to allow multiples of a given item to be ordered but as a multiple grouping.
    Example 3 X 1000 for a total of 3000 units?

Add to cart only shows the item selected and no option to enter a value like 3 to order 3 X 1000 units when each order has 1000 units?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I Remove Minimum Quantity and Stock Level Value from Showing?

How do i prevent the IN STOCK from showing and being required as a value?
    admin > catalog > product types > at the far right select "edit layout" for product general > Show Quantity in Stock > set to "0"
    Also, since its a volume order, How do I set up the quantities to allow multiples of a given item to be ordered but as a multiple grouping.
    Example 3 X 1000 for a total of 3000 units?
    This depends on how you want the item cost listed but they all use attributes.

You can have it display as "widget" $1.00 each...then in the attributes setup a single for display only and also a case priced a @ $1,000 or what ever the cost is the shopper then select case and the # of cases.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I Remove Minimum Quantity and Stock Level Value from Showing?

Hi Kobra:

Thanks for this.

Where do I adjust the single price and case price as you suggest?

Also, do you know if I can list prices that only appear when a registered user logs in? Therefore maybe have a call or pricing if you are not logged in?

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Where do I adjust the single price and case price as you suggest?
    This is controlled by adding attributes to your products

admin > catalog > attribute name - attribute value and attribute controllers
    Also, do you know if I can list prices that only appear when a registered user logs in? Therefore maybe have a call or pricing if you are not logged in?
    admin > config > Customer Details > Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices > probably selection "2" - May browse but no prices unless logged in
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten