Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "ZenCart Zen" Template Support

Clyde,

I have tried to add my logo under includes/templates/zencart/templates/images and changed the header.php to reflect the header_logo_width and _height and _image. The "Zen Cart Zen" words-with-grass was removed, and I saw a flicker of an image about my logo's size, but ended up with a larger image of the grass.jpg file.

The only fix I find is to write my store name over the logo.gif file that says "Zen Cart Zen" but I still have your grass image on that logo. I'm not sure if that ought to be used as a stock image.

Could you suggest where I should look to allow my logo to come through? It is a .jpg file. I'm thinking of renaming it to grass.jpg to see what happens, but don't want to be overly experimental. Thanks.

notageek

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by notageek View Post
    Clyde,

I have tried to add my logo under includes/templates/zencart/templates/images and changed the header.php to reflect the header_logo_width and _height and _image. The "Zen Cart Zen" words-with-grass was removed, and I saw a flicker of an image about my logo's size, but ended up with a larger image of the grass.jpg file.

The only fix I find is to write my store name over the logo.gif file that says "Zen Cart Zen" but I still have your grass image on that logo. I'm not sure if that ought to be used as a stock image.

Could you suggest where I should look to allow my logo to come through? It is a .jpg file. I'm thinking of renaming it to grass.jpg to see what happens, but don't want to be overly experimental. Thanks.

notageek
    open includes/templates/zencart_zen/css/stylesheet.css

change the the following declaration by deleting by the highlighted portion.

#logoWrapper {
    background: url(../images/grass.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat;
    position: relative;
    height:100px;
    top: 0;
    left:0;
    }

Plugin Contributions

Clyde,

My version of the template did not contain the portion:

Also, the height in my template is 75 px, not 100 px

I might like to change the height to 100 px and am glad to see where to do that. My logo test picture is 380 px x 71 px at the moment. My previous test was 276 px x 70 px.

I have transferred the css again, although no change was made, and still see the grass. I can still see the outline of the picture trying to load itself, and then it yields to the grass.

notageek

Plugin Contributions

Clyde,

My version of the template did not contain the portion:

Also, the height in my template is 75 px, not 100 px

I might like to change the height to 100 px and am glad to see where to do that. My logo test picture is 380 px x 71 px at the moment. My previous test was 276 px x 70 px.

I have transferred the css again, although no change was made, and still see the grass. I can still see the outline of the picture trying to load itself, and then it yields to the grass.

notageek
    Fixed the issue with your CSS file. You had a CSS folder located within the CSS folder. (includes/templates/zencart_zen/css/css/.

I fixed this for you.

I didn't find the graphic mus-stud-store-white.jpg

You'll need to upload that to
    includes/templates/zencart_zen/images/

Plugin Contributions

Clyde,

Thanks.

I think I have other duplicate folders, then, either from the attempts to download the templates to templates, modules to modules,and languages to languages folder, before understanding the download to zencart folder concept.

I seem to have an extra templates/images folder, where I had put my mus-stud-white.jpg image, i.e.,

includes/templates/zencart_zen/templates/images

that is the structure I was working with in Coffeecup.html to edit files. Now, I do see there is an imagesfile named:

includes/templates/zencart_zen/images

I see that the grass image is indeed gone after I refreshed the screen.

However, after uploading the mus_stud_store_white.jpg logo file to the newly found images file, the logo is not yet displaying in the web page header.

I suppose I should now delete the extra templates and templates/images files, correct?

It may be that the extra css folder was the one I downloaded this a.m. I think I am downloading to the css folder and should be dragging and dropping the file into the parent folder, i.e., templates, for it to overwrite the proper folder instead of make a duplicate inside the folder.

notageek

Plugin Contributions

Clyde,

Thanks.

I think I have other duplicate folders, then, either from the attempts to download the templates to templates, modules to modules,and languages to languages folder, before understanding the download to zencart folder concept.

I seem to have an extra templates/images folder, where I had put my mus-stud-white.jpg image, i.e.,

includes/templates/zencart_zen/templates/images

that is the structure I was working with in Coffeecup.html to edit files. Now, I do see there is an imagesfile named:

includes/templates/zencart_zen/images

I see that the grass image is indeed gone after I refreshed the screen.

However, after uploading the mus_stud_store_white.jpg logo file to the newly found images file, the logo is not yet displaying in the web page header.

I suppose I should now delete the extra templates and templates/images files, correct?

It may be that the extra css folder was the one I downloaded this a.m. I think I am downloading to the css folder and should be dragging and dropping the file into the parent folder, i.e., templates, for it to overwrite the proper folder instead of make a duplicate inside the folder.

notageek
    the extension(s) for images is case sensitive.

Your logo image was named mus_stud_store_white.JPG
    and Zen Cart was looking for and imaged named
    mus_stud_store_white.jpg

That's why it was not showing. I've fixed this for you and the logo now appears on your site.

Plugin Contributions

Question: Could someone confirm: to download or upload a file it will make a duplicate subdirectory (i.e. css/css) if dragged to the folder with the same name, so it should be dragged to the folder one step higher to go into the right directory.

Right now, I am dragging the header.php file directly to the header.php file. That seems to work for an individual file.

Maybe uploading to a .php with the same name is okay, but uploading a folder to a folder with the same name makes a subdirectory of the folder instead of overwriting it.

Is that what might be causing the duplicate folders problem?

notageek

Plugin Contributions

Question: Could someone confirm: to download or upload a file it will make a duplicate subdirectory (i.e. css/css) if dragged to the folder with the same name, so it should be dragged to the folder one step higher to go into the right directory.

Right now, I am dragging the header.php file directly to the header.php file. That seems to work for an individual file.

Maybe uploading to a .php with the same name is okay, but uploading a folder to a folder with the same name makes a subdirectory of the folder instead of overwriting it.

Is that what might be causing the duplicate folders problem?

notageek
    If you upload an individual file to the same location as the original file, the original file is overwritten with the new file.

If you upload a folder for instance /css/ to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/ then you end up with a second css folder inside the original folder (includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/css)

What you need to do is upload the /css/ folder to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/
    This way the css folder will be placed where it is supposed to be.

Plugin Contributions

Clyde,

Thanks. I already feel more confident with the uploading concept given these clarifications. I always felt like I was taking a big chance each time I dragged and dropped, and now I know why, and know to check for case in file names when something doesn't work as expected.

notageek

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have loaded ZenCart Zen and it does not have the navigation bar at the top. You can see from the screenshot attached that I have started customising it, but it did not have the navigation bar from when first downloaded. I have also included the screenshot as it should be displayed.

I would appreciate some advice on how I can get the navbar to display as in the original

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a

Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zencart zen customised.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	5536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zencart zen standard.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	5537  

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast