Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help question A PayPal Account with Multiple Zen Cart

I want know if I can use multiple cart with one paypal account? I found the answer that I can.

However; I am not sure if I am required to put specific url for website payment each zen cart. I cannot do that because auto return only have one available. I have three zen carts now.

I would like know if it is still safe to have multiple with one paypal without requiring the specific url for auto return.

I am apperciated if you read and take a time to answer this question.

If it had been asked in other threads, just give me the link so I can read.
    You can do anything but hear

SilentMysts

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A PayPal Account with Multiple Zen Cart

as long as you have IPN and auto return turned ON and something in the fields your OK
    each zen cart sends an auto return and IPN over ride
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    as long as you have IPN and auto return turned ON and something in the fields your OK
    each zen cart sends an auto return and IPN over ride

Thank you so much for answering my question. It is a big relief for me.

Note: I hope this would benefits others in future.
    You can do anything but hear

SilentMysts

Plugin Contributions

I am attempting to do the same thing, multiple domains running zencart tied to a single paypal account.

Whe in paypal profile, if you activate the instant payment notification, it won't activate until you enter a notification url...

but if you are sending payments from several url's how can you enter only one? and there is no allowance for multiple url's.

if this notification url is handled in the zencart code, what gets entered in the paypal profile so that the IPN function will allow you to save it as activated?

or are you saying that anything entered in the notification url on the paypal profile will be overridden by what is present in the zencart code that described the specific url involved in that specific transaction and properly return to the correct url.

Best Regards
    Prodesk

Plugin Contributions

As I stated above it dosnt matter what you put in the return url or IPN boxes on paypal.
    each zen cart will send its own return information that over rides whats stored on paypal.com
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Prodesk-

Zen Cart is "smart". It sends the necessary information to PayPal and overrides the IPN and auto-return URLs when needed.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

wwasn't trying to be argumentative, just wanted to confirm what I thought was happening after talking with PayPal about it...

Part of my concern is that the book (by watson & Therrien are very unclear about it and in fact give totally misleading info...

and even the tutorials (https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=74) appear to be way out of date and describe a process wherein one must insert their sites url...

Maybe if I get some time I will document the entire process, with options, of setting up zencart and usign paypal for processing...

Anyway, thanks...
    and Best Regards
    ProDesk

Plugin Contributions

Part of my concern is that the book (by watson & Therrien are very unclear about it and in fact give totally misleading info...
    Oh ... I am so sorry you wasted money on that book.

This forum is operated by the Zen Cart development team. So, the information you get from here is from the experts.
    Last edited by Kim; 20 Jan 2007 at 05:10 AM.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

ProDesk,

You can find detailed setup instructions, as well as extensive troubleshooting information, in the wiki:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Appreciate all the responses, and I understand the book is an outdated beginners beginning book, but I needed something to start familiarizing myself with the product and it was the best I could find at the time.

I agree that the help and information on line is excellent, I'll even go so far as to say it is better than what many commercial product provide.

But, sometimes a book in hand (even with limited value) is better than all the online support one can find...

Hard to flip thru a WIKI, especially when not in front of a computer...

I do think that Zen Cart is the absolute best ecommerce/shopping cart that I have ever experienced and it has the best user/admin interface as well as some really nioce features such as the developers tool kit...

Now if someone can actually move the upgrades into a world closer to what the boys at LiteCommerce have then we would literally be in heaven...

Lite commerce provides .exe upgrade files that self install, on a module by module basis. Takes no longer than executing the upgrade to complete the task...

Anyway, thanks so much once again for the great support and feedback...

Best Regards to all...
    ProDesk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast