Plugin Contributions

Default paypal & multiple currencies

hi there. i just configured the shop to enable customers to shop in different currencies. i'd like to find out if they can pay in the currency they shop in, for convenience. the current default is USD. please advise, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal & multiple currencies

bump. does anybody have any idea?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes - if you set up your PayPal account to accept the same currencies that you offer in your store, it should be fine.
    If you offer currencies not supported by PayPal, you may have some challenges, at least with the IPN module. The Express Checkout module is somewhat more flexible.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for replying. my paypal is set up to accept the currencies i've selected for my shop. i have not upgraded my zencart version to the latest v.1.3.7 yet. is there anything on zencart's side that i need to work on just in case?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your Zen Cart admin, your PayPal IPN module has 6 currencies listed, as well as "Selected Currency" as an option. If you choose "Selected Currency", then Zen Cart will tell PayPal to process the order in the currency that the customer is using on your shop when they placed the order.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said you haven't upgraded to 1.3.7. Which version do you have ?

i can only find 'currencies' under 'localisation' and 'paypal IPN' under 'customer' and those don't loook right.
    Under Admin->Modules->Payment, you have a PayPal IPN module, right?
    Click on it.
    Then click on Edit.
    Then make sure that "Selected Currency" is "checked", and not one of the other "ZZZZ Only" currencies.

Plugin Contributions

oh thanks! i got that right now. you're most helpful! :)