Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sort by price with column display....

I may have changed something else in other files. let me check again and I'll get back to you asap
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I must have changed something in my files, anyhow, the setting below show work for your site (tested)

PHP Code:
    <option value="2a" <?php echo ($_GET['sort'] == '2a' 'selected="selected"' ''); ?>><?php echo TEXT_INFO_SORT_BY_PRODUCTS_NAME?></option>
        <option value="2d" <?php echo ($_GET['sort'] == '2d' 'selected="selected"' ''); ?>><?php echo TEXT_INFO_SORT_BY_PRODUCTS_NAME_DESC?></option>
        <option value="3a" <?php echo ($_GET['sort'] == '5a' 'selected="selected"' ''); ?>><?php echo TEXT_INFO_SORT_BY_PRODUCTS_PRICE?></option>
        <option value="3d" <?php echo ($_GET['sort'] == '5d' 'selected="selected"' ''); ?>><?php echo TEXT_INFO_SORT_BY_PRODUCTS_PRICE_DESC?></option>
    I also notice something wrong on your site: when you use the sort form, you will be redirected to something like this:
    PHP Code:
    index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15&sort=2d&filter_id=&alpha_filter_id=0&main_page=index&cPath=15&sort=1d 
    You see, the sort parameter appears twice, same goes for the main_index and cPath. It's just that you use the sort form along with the filter form, which already has the sorter passed as hidden field, along with cPath and main_page.

You should edit /includes/templates/your_current_template/templates/tpl_modules_listing_display_order.php, comment out the line:
    PHP Code:
    echo zen_draw_hidden_field('disp_order'$_GET['disp_order']); 
    And edit tpl_modules_additional_listing_display_order.php, comment out all the lines that draw "main_page" and "cpath" field.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Yellow,

again, thank you so much for your help.

1. I removed cpath and mainpath sections of tpl_modules_additional_listing_display

2. changed the option value and sorts in the same file.

3. and the line from tpl_modules_listing_display_order.php was already commented...

it doesn't seem to be any different.

except that I think the sort redirect is fixed.

if you are out of ideas. I understand and appreciate everything you've done so far.

I am here if anything else comes to mind.

thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

You still have 2 sort parameters passed at the same time, check your URL:

PHP Code:
    index.php?main_page=index&cPath=23&sort=1d&sort=5a 
    ZenCart will pick up the first para, which is 1d and that is not what we want!

Plugin Contributions

you are right!

i'll be working on it.

keep you updated.

have a good day.

Plugin Contributions

Someone asked me how to let customers sort the listing the way they want, so I'll just bump this thread.

PS: Please start reading from page 3-4.

Plugin Contributions

Any ideas on how to display products by date added in ascending or descending order?

http://www.daddyesonusa.com/shop/index.php?main_page

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

products_date_added from the products table is not built into the products listing ...

It can be added but you would need to include this field in the select statements, built in the title and then the sort order for it ...

The other listings, Featured, All and New Product listings each have this built in as a selection on them and might be of help to you in customizing this information ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Can the product sorting number be used as an alternative? In another words; when adding or editing products in the admin area and manipulating the sort number field?

Plugin Contributions

That could become a royal pain to track and maintain ...

If can be done, if not using linked products ... but it would be more logical, as you will probably want the customer to switch between sort orders including by date, to code that in as one of the fields available ...

To set the default to the products_sort_order you can set the Product Listing so that it sorts on that field set the display order to Blank, meaning nothing, in the Configuration ... Product Listing ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast