Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sort by price with column display....

I'm not using linked products, but all of them in each category are numbered in ascending order from 1 to x from the very first product added to the newest, assuming I want to use this order this will position the oldest first but if I want to inverse this order my question is the only solution to invert the number order?

Plugin Contributions

Check the listing when accessed by Manufacturer and by a search ...

To change the order you would need to reverse the sort order ... again getting into tricky issues here ...

You could also try backing up your database and set the products_sort_order to the products_id as in theory biggest value is last one in ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Sort by price with column display....

Hi great response on this post. I am having one issue though. My products sort by price fine on the category pages (product listings), but I have custom fields in my product table that I would like to sort by. I have it working on my all products, new products, but since the sort is different for the product listing Im stuck.

I added my new sorting options in the tpl_additional_listing _order template and made the option values 8 -11. I then changed the product_prev_next to include the new case statements.

When the sort box option is selected (other then price), the correct sort='x' is included in the url string, but the sort box defaults back to -reset-, and nothing is sorted.

Where do I have to include the new fields in a select statement? I have added them in a few places that seem like they might be going there, but no luck. could it be something else?

I really appreciate any help you guys can lend, as Ive been at this for almost 4 days now.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

wish i could help you on that one zep. but i think i'm in a somewhat similar predicament.

i have a new site that i used this on. then my client noticed, if they use the manufacturer dropdown to select a group of products, the dropdown sorter no longer works. it only takes them back to the main page.

weird.

does anyone have any idea, either how to get it to also work after it has been filtered by manufacturer.

or just to remove it after it you filter by manufacturer.

any advice would be really appreciated. thanks!

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Sort by price with column display....

Your problem seems a little easier to solve then mine, if you see the url string when you search for a manufacturer :

http://www.XXX.com/index.php?manufac...ain_page=index

then add the &sort to the end:

.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=63&main_page=index&sort=3d

it now properly sorts the manufacturer search listing. at least thats a place to start.
    look in the Tpl ... additional_sort ...php at the

echo zen_draw_form('sorter_form', zen_href_link($_GET['main_page']), 'get');
    echo zen_draw_hidden_field('main_page', $_GET['main_page']);

it looks for the main_page = XXX I think it is then saving that, maybe change the main_page to include an if statement to look for the manufacturers= the fact that it is before the main_page= is whats messing it up.

please keep in mind this is a quick rambling, and may not be exactly how it works..Im a little preoccupied with my issue

With my issue, if I put the &sort= or &disp_order= after the url for the product listings I get the default search order.

I might think this has something to do with the fact Im using the the 'all products' listing as a template for the rest of my site (include tpl_all_products .... instead of the original listing template.

Plugin Contributions

also, in my previous post, AI forgot to mention the custom vars are being pulled from the DB, I need to alter the 'order by' not the 'select' ...sorry

Plugin Contributions

If you want to sort by custom fields, you will have to incorporate that into the sort module. I seriously dont remember where it is, but 1 thing for sure: all the logic codes are more than likely located in includes/modules, and then check for the file that has name lile sort by, order by something.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

thank you for advice, Zep. makes perfect sense. that's the first direction I'm going to try.

Take care.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    products_date_added from the products table is not built into the products listing ...

It can be added but you would need to include this field in the select statements, built in the title and then the sort order for it ...

The other listings, Featured, All and New Product listings each have this built in as a selection on them and might be of help to you in customizing this information ...
    The modification is too advanced for me....

Ajeh is there any plan to get products_date_added built in in the future? I think the drop-down menu sorter used in the other listing pages is excellent from an usability point of view. Would be nice if the category listing pages have it too.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Yellow, can you help me with my website?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    If you want to sort by custom fields, you will have to incorporate that into the sort module. I seriously dont remember where it is, but 1 thing for sure: all the logic codes are more than likely located in includes/modules, and then check for the file that has name lile sort by, order by something.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast