Plugin Contributions

help question Email Address Exporter

I've been using Dr. Byte's email address exporter for some time, and I thought it was working just fine. However, I just got a note from one of our first customers saying that she never receives our newsletters. I double-checked her account to verify that she is subscribed (which she is). I then went to the email address data file to search for her address, and it was not in there. I started checking some other names and found a bunch more that were subscribed, but their addresses also did not appear in the exported data file.

I also have the "newsletter only" mod installed, and this mod was installed after some of our customers signed up for the newsletter. Is it possible that installing the newsletter only mod somehow mucked with some of the subscribers? But, our very first customers are on my exported email address file, even though the newsletter only mod wasn't yet installed...

When I export the addresses, I select "All Newsletter Subscribers", so I'm thinking I should be getting everyone, whether they're classified as newsletter only or are signed up as customers, right?

Anyway, I'm confused... does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get this resolved?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Address Exporter

I haven't studied the Newsletter Subscribe mod in great detail ... only enough to know that part of its implementation is a change in how the data is stored related to customer subscriptions. I believe the installation of the mod walks you through migrating existing data into the new format, and then the new structure updates the queries used to extract the data for purposes of mailing or exporting etc.

You could check the raw data in your "subscribers" table vs the "customers" table to see whether all the "customers" records where the "newsletter" field is set to "1" ... are also in the "subscribers" table.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Address Exporter error after 1.3.7 update

I am getting an error after updating to 1.3.7

Code:
    Please choose the desired recipient list:
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':admin_id' at line 1
    in:
    [select 'ADMIN' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from zen_admin where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Address Exporter error after 1.3.7 update

Quote Originally Posted by chac416 View Post
    I am getting an error after updating to 1.3.7

Code:
    Please choose the desired recipient list:
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':admin_id' at line 1
    in:
    [select 'ADMIN' as customers_firstname, admin_name as customers_lastname, admin_email as customers_email_address from zen_admin where admin_id = $SESSION:admin_id ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    This reveals that you failed to upgrade all the files completely. Namely the includes/functions/audience.php file. It would be wise to re-review *all* your files to be sure you didn't miss others as well.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.