Thread: SSL bug?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

bug SSL bug?

I've started getting this strange error message in Zen_Cart 1.3.7 when I try to checkout:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/[user]/public_html/[zen dir]/includes/languages/english/credit_cards.php on line 57

The line in question is:
    define('IMAGE_CC_ENABLED_VISA', zen_image($template->get_template_dir('cc1.gif', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images/icons'). '/' . 'cc1.gif'));

After some investigation (a clean install followed by gradual re-configuration) I've found that the problem appears only when setting ENABLE_SSL true in /includes/configure.php. SSL connections generally work OK (e.g. in the admin area) but not in this specific case, where it seems to get the filesystem path wrong.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSL bug?

Have you confirmed that SSL for the site is setup correctly and the correct path is used in the 'includes/config.php' file?

Normally, if there is a problem with an SSL setup it happens with any 'https' URL that is used, not just some. If there are problems with just some 'https' URLs, then it is usually an incorrect path being used.

Plugin Contributions

I cannot break this in v1.3.7 ...

What happens if you switch to Classic Template vs your custom Template?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The "member function on a non-object" message is referring to the $template object ... which appears to, for some odd reason, not be defined at the point when this error is occurring.

What customizations have you made to your site?
    What addons do you have installed?
    As Ajeh suggested, what happens if you switch to another template? Have you used the overrides system while implementing your language customizations?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It happens with a clean installation of the standard "classic" template.

The https URL is definitely correct. It all used to work and I haven't changed anything so I've raised a ticket on my hosting company. (Actually I spotted it after upgrading to 1.3.7 but then I checked an old unchanged 1.3.6 installation and found it was broken as well.)

I can do a clean test installation and give someone here the password if that's the easiest way to reproduce it, but I wanted to make sure it's not a known problem first.

Plugin Contributions

My hosting company has responded:

...When using the shared SSL URL to access an account, you are actually doing so with the user in control of the SSL certificate, rather than the account holder. With
    that in mind, you may need to configure your applications so as to include content
    specifically from the exact location required rather than relying on preset means
    such as $HOME/, etc...

Does anyone know how to do this in Zen-Cart?

Plugin Contributions

OK, I've made a clean test installation so you can see and duplicate the problem. The only change I've made to the virgin installation is to set the https server name and set ENABLE_SSL to "true" in /include/configure.php.

It's at www.mckerracher.net/testcart - just try to purchase product "testcart" and you'll see the crash.

The Admin username is "*****", password "******".
    If you want to access the config files you can ftp to ftp.*****.** with username "******" and password (you guessed it!) "******". I've left the main one writeable.

Moderator note: removed passwords

Plugin Contributions

Please change your logins immediately!!!
    You've left yourself open to be hacked, with you suffering any consequences.

As you are using a Shared SSL, your Hoster should have given you the correct path to use. Only they know what is the correct one to use.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I just did a checkout without any errors.

If you have restricted the FTP user you mentioned to only have access to that one folder, you have only partially protected yourself. You are still at risk to have havoc done to your site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you have restricted the FTP user you mentioned to only have access to that one folder, you have only partially protected yourself. You are still at risk to have havoc done to your site.
    I know, it's just a temporary one to help people here reproduce it. I'll remove it soon, thanks for the reminder.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast